This is to inform the general public and all interested persons that application for the FG Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Awards 2019/2020 for Nigerians has started. All interested persons must read this to ascertain their eligibility. Afterwards, apply. We will guide you through all you need to know.
The Bilateral Education Agreement scholarship is an initiative from the Nigerian government. They entered into partnership with some foreign countries. Nigerians can be given scholarships to go study in these country under different courses.
The FG Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Awards 2019/2020 for Nigerians is a Nomination computer Based Test (CBT). The scholarship award is
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea.
Let’s show you the full details you need to know.
FG Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Awards 2019/2020 Fields of Study
Below are the fields of study that are eligible to apply.
Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
FG Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Awards 2019/2020 Criteria & Eligibility
Anyone who wishes to apply for any of the scholarship awards, here are the criteria they must meet up with.
All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2017& 2018) for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2018) only. Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
All applicants for postgraduate degree courses must hold a 1st Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D. and only:
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted;
- Evidence of readiness to be released by employer.
NOTE (For all Applicants):
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign Language course of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
- Japan applicants must have very strong background in further mathematics;
- The required certificates for candidates applying for Iman Preachers and Quaranic Professor for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WAEC as in other scholarship awards;
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference; and
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarships must visit the website: http://www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/ before 15th January, 2019.
- Complete the application form online
- Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to the completed Application Form on education.gov.ng.
Federal Government BEA Scholarship Venues, Dates & Requirements.
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Only one certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June for Undergraduate applicants;
- Two copies of Birth Certificate from National Population Commission;
- State of origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) coloured passport sized photographs on white background; and
- Postgraduate applicants will be required to submit Academic transcripts and NYSC discharge or Exemption certificates only.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport; and
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals.
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
2019/2020 FSB COMPUTER BASED TEST VENUES AND DATES FROM 15TH TO 19TH JANUARY 2019
NORTH – WEST
During the application candidates are expected to indicate the following:
- Centre of choice for the Computer Based Test (CBT); and
- Warning: Double Entries will be disqualified.
Official Phone Numbers: Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) – 08077884417/09094268637
TIME : 9.00 A.M DAILY
How to Apply Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Awards 2019/2020
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website education.gov.ng and click on READ MORE on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the completed Application Form
- Submit two sets of the Printed Application Forms at the venue of the interview as scheduled.
NOTE/Warning: Double Entries will be disqualified!
If you have any question concerning the FG Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Awards 2019/2020, please use the comment box below and we shall attend to you without delay.