The FIFA World Cup Play-off Draw Fixtures has been drawn. The likes of Italy, Sweden and Modric’s Croatia will battle against each other for the remaining spot for FIFA World cup, Russia 2018. You may want to see the list of teams that have already qualified here. In this draw, either Italy will miss out because the two teams are paired against themselves.
Croatia will face a double header against Greece while Denmark and Rebulic of Ireland will face off as well. The FIFA World Cup Play-off Draw Fixtures is completed by the double header between Northern Ireland and Switzerland. It remains to be seen who will win the day. Read below for the full fixtures.
FIFA World Cup Play-off Draw Fixtures
Here is the full world cup 2018 play-off draw.
- Northern Ireland v Switzerland (9 and 12* November)
- Croatia v Greece (9 and 12 November)
- Sweden v Italy (10 and 13 November)
- Denmark v Republic of Ireland (11 and 14 November)
- Italy beat Sweden 1-0 in the UEFA EURO 2016 group stage
- Four-time winners Italy are the only former world champions
- Republic of Ireland’s eighth play-off appearance is a record
- Northern Ireland have not reached a World Cup since 1986
- Croatia’s four qualifications via play-offs is a record.
All Qualified Teams
The following teams have already qualified for the 2018 World Cup.
South America (Conmebol)
North and Central America (Concacaf)
- Costa Rica
- South Korea
- Saudi Arabia
What comes next?
The FIFA World Cup finals draw will take place in Moscow on Friday 1 December. The tournament itself will be held in Russia between 14 June and 15 July next year.
Please share. Thank you.