If you do not like the performance of your laptop computer maybe because its now slow in performace, hanging all the time or you have many installed programs, an overgrown system registry or a malicious software infection, the fastest way to restore its original performance is to completely Format Laptop Computer. That is why we are going to take you through the process to learn how to Format Laptop Computer Using CD, using USB (without CD).
I want you to understand that to Format Laptop Computer is usually complicated which eventually can result in loss of data or inability to get your operating system and programs back if you forget a critical step.
For that reason you most make sure that;
- Confirm that you have all of the software needed to restore your computer, and then use your recovery disc or Windows installation disc to format the hard drive and re-install Windows.
Step to Format Laptop Computer Using CD
- Confirm that you have the Windows product key for your laptop. If you purchased the laptop with Windows pre-installed, the Windows product key is generally on a sticker affixed to the bottom of the computer.
- Check that you have the ability to reinstall Windows. You need a Windows installation disc or the recovery disc for your laptop. If your laptop did not include a physical disc, it stores the original system files on a hidden hard drive partition. Confirm that the partition works by pressing a keyboard shortcut displayed on the screen such as “F8” or “F10” during startup. Your computer should also include a utility allowing you to burn the system files on a recordable DVD.
- Check that you have all of the software and driver discs needed to install your programs and hardware device drivers. If you downloaded some of your software from the Internet, find the installation files and save them on a removable storage device.
- Back up all of the data on your laptop’s hard drive. You can use a free program such as Clonezilla or DriveImage XML to clone the hard drive on an external drive. If you do not have a hard drive large enough to hold all of the data on your laptop, you can back up the most important files manually.
- Insert the Windows or recovery disc, and restart your laptop. If you are using the hidden recovery partition, restart the laptop and immediately press the shortcut key displayed on the screen. Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to install Windows or perform a full system recovery, and return your laptop to its original state.[nextpage title=”How To Format Laptop Using USB (without CD)”]
If you need to format your laptop without using CD then you will have to get either a Flash drive (at lest 8gb) or Hard drive. All this are catigorise has “USB. In this section am going to show you how to Format Laptop Using USB.
1. Plug your 8 gb usb pen drive
2. Go to cmd promt run as administrator
3. Type the following:
the number of ur usb vl be listed. ( assume usb drive is disk 1 ) ,then type-
select disk 1
create partition primary
select partition 1
( now your usb is bootable )
4. Copy the windows vista\windows 7 DVD to your USB
5. Restart ur computer
6. Go to bios
7. Then go to boot option
8. select boot from usb and press enter and then follow other instructions that comes up