Hey there, have you ever considered it will be possible to get verified on Instagram for free? Of course, it is possible. In this guide, we will show you in simple steps how you can easily be verified on Instagram and all for free. Also, you will see what and what you need to put in place to ensure a smooth verification. Are you ready?
Before we show you How To Get Verified On Instagram For Free, let’s first understand what a verified Instagram account is. An Instagram verified badge is a check that appears next to an Instagram account’s name in search and on the profile. It means Instagram has confirmed that an account is the authentic presence of the public figure, celebrity or global brand it represents.
Before now, the Instagram Verified badge was for public personalities and figures. But now, anyone can apply to be verified and get it approved. But then, what are the requirements you need to put in place to get a verified Instagram account? Let’s show you.
Requirements For Instagram Verified Badge Application
Instagram looks at a number of factors when evaluating Instagram accounts to determine if they’re in the public interest and meet our verification criteria.
- Authentic: Your account must represent a real person, registered business or entity.
- Unique: Your account must be the unique presence of the person or business it represents. Only one account per person or business may be verified, with exceptions for language-specific accounts. We don’t verify general interest accounts (example: @puppymemes).
- Complete: Your account must be public and have a bio, profile photo and at least one post. Your profile can’t contain “add me” links to other social media services.
- Notable: Your account must represent a well-known, highly searched for person, brand or entity. We review accounts that are featured in multiple news sources, and we don’t consider paid or promotional content as sources for review.
Keep in mind that if you provide false or misleading information during the verification process, we will remove your verified badge and may take additional action to delete your account.
Also See: How To Get Verified Twitter Account
How To Get Verified On Instagram For Free
Here are the steps you will need to take to get verified on Instagram for Free.
- Open the Instagram app and navigate to Settings
- Scroll down and tap Request Verification
- Type in your account name, full name, and a photo of your ID if you’re a person, or a legal or business ID (upload your ID card i.e your voter’s card, National ID card International passport, driver’s license or any government issued ID card) if you have an Instagram for Business account
- The click send
After the company reviews your application, you’ll be notified whether your request is approved or denied. But don’t expect a response right away. There’s not a specified timeline for how long the process takes.
Using the above steps, you are sure to get verified on Instagram. But, if you encounter any challenge, just use the comment box below and we shall get back to you.