Are you a writer who is yet to have book published? Have you been discouraged because of publishing challenges? The GTBank Dusty Manuscript Contest For Unpublished Writers is made specifically for you. This is a wonderful initiative by the Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB). You stand a chance of getting your works published as well as winning instant cash prices.
According to the GTBank, the GTBank Dusty Manuscript Contest For Unpublished Writers, is a brand new literary prize set up to promote the Nigerian writer to tell and sell their stories. Top winning entries will get published under the Farafina Breeze Imprint, with over ₦1,500,000 Naira in cash prize.
GTBank Dusty Manuscript Contest For Unpublished Writers
Here is every detail you need on the GTBank Dusty Manuscript Contest For Unpublished Writers.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for novels in the genre fiction category, including but not limited to crime, romance, fantasy, sci-fi, mystery/thriller, etc that stretch boundaries creatively, culturally and socially.
Prizes & Opportunities
The prize offers over ₦1,500,000 Naira in prize money to the winning authors, as well as an opportunity to get published under the Farafina Breeze imprint and distributed on the OkadaBooks e-platform.
- 1st Place: ₦1,000,000 Naira + publishing contract with Kachifo Ltd under their Breeze imprint.
- 2nd Place: ₦500,000 Naira + publishing contract with Kachifo Ltd under their Breeze imprint.
- 3rd Place: ₦250,000 Naira + publishing contract with Kachifo Ltd under their Breeze imprint.
- The remaining shortlisted books with the exception of the top 3 will get their books e-published on Okadabooks. Top 25 shortlisted authors receive a two-day bootcamp training on writing, marketing and branding.
- Word count: 25,000 minimum word count
- Submissions should be adult fiction (in the sense of not being ‘children’s fiction’).
- The use of Nigerian slangs and expressions are allowed.
- The manuscript must be new in the sense that it is unpublished* in book form.
- Eligible participants should have at least one parent born in Nigeria who holds citizenship of the same.
- All entries must be submitted via online via csr.gtbank.com/dustymanuscript
- One entry per person
NOTE: No entry fee is required
* Published work is taken to mean published in any printed, publicly accessible form e.g. anthology, magazine, newspaper. It is also taken to mean published online, with the exception of personal blogs and personal websites.
Formatting Guidelines for Manuscript
- Submitted as a PDF file format. (See how to convert Ms Word Document to PDF here).
- Twelve-point font in Times New Roman
- Text should be double-spaced.
- All pages should be numbered and should contain the manuscript title.
- Author name should not be present anywhere on the manuscript.
- Please also include a cover letter providing an overview/ synopsis of the manuscript, word count and a brief author biography.
- We will be accepting submissions from February 5th 2018.
- The submission period will close at 12:00 a.m. midnight (WAT) on March 31, 2018.
- The long list will be announced May 2018.
- Author writing/marketing bootcamp and announcement of shortlist June 2018
- Announcement of Top three at Evening Gala June 2018
As you have seen, there are lots of opportunities and prices to be won in the GTBank Dusty Manuscript Contest For Unpublished Writers. What are you waiting for? Get started already.
If you found this helpful, please share. Thank you.