The Hallelujah Challenge 2019 is an online program hosted by Nigeria’s Nathaniel Bassey. This is a program that will involve prayer, praise and worship and anybody can participate from anywhere in the world. This is because it is held online, Instagram specifically. The dates for the 2019 program has been announced. Let’s give you the full details here.
The Hallelujah Challenge started in 2017 and is purely a praise, prayer and worship session that lasts for an hour during the 21-days. Thousands of people tune in to the Hallelujah Challenge which holds live on social media with testimonies said to have been recorded in the event.
Hallelujah Challenge 2019 Requirements
And ahead of the 2019 edition of the Hallelujah Challenge, Nathaniel Bassey urged all participants to do the following:
- Pray in the Spirit at least 1hr during the day.
- Read the word. Watch out for a collective bible plan this period.
- Don’t get discouraged by all the critics and bloggers that would normally speak against this. Focus.
- Every night we would pray for the Nigerian elections, using our PVCs as points of contacts and also encourage people to GO OUT AND VOTE!
- Don’t get into unnecessary arguments about the Hallelujah Challenge. It’s okay if they think we are wasting our time. At least you know you are not. And have tasted of God’s power.
- Get out a journal to write. You may use your previous one if you still have.
- Spend time praying for us. Myself, family and the team as we embark on this.
- Be excited ! And ready to see GOD MOVE !
- Tag someone that needs this.
- Get ready to Sing & Pray
- Reach for your instruments of praise…., Your Heart, Your voice, your Hands, Legs…. and every thing that has breathe.
Also See: Top 20 Most Popular Nigerian Gospel Artistes
How To Join Hallelujah Challenge 2019
To join the 2019 Hallelujah challenge program, you MUST have an Instagram account. Then, follow this guidelines here.
- Open your Instagram app on your phone.
- Search for and follow “Nathaniel Bassey” into your Instagram search box.
- Several names will come up but click on “nathanielblow” and follow him.
- You can go to settings and turn notification on from Nathaniel Bassey. With this, you will get a notification once nathanielblow is LIVE.
- Get to his page, click on his profile photo and connect to the Hallelujah Challenge live.
- Ensure you have good internet connection so you can be able to follow without interruptions.
Hallelujah Challenge 2019 Dates
The program for this year will hold from the 4th- 24th February 2019.
Also See: Best Naija Gospel Music Sites For Music Downloads
About Nathaniel Bassey
Nathaniel Bassey was born in Lagos, Nigeria. He is from Ikot Ofon Ikono, Uyo local government area in Akwa-Ibom state, South-South Nigeria. His father, Mr E Joshua Bassey, was a minister in The Apostolic Church Bashua Assembly and from an early age he developed a love for both music and the gospel.
He was inspired when He saw Dr Panam Percy Paul, a prominent Nigerian gospel music icon in concert over twenty years ago and since then, His passion for music has grown and translated into various musical experiences.
In his early years, he developed a rather uncommon interest for jazz music and began listening, imitating and playing to the music of Louis Armstrong, Miles Davies, Clifford Brown, Charlie Parker, Stan Getz and Kirk Whalum, Phil Driscoll, Hugh Masakela and other Jazz luminaries. His zeal for the Jazz form would later stir him to seek out bands and groups along the Jazz lines. He then joined a top jazz quartet in Lagos, Spectrum 4, where he played alongside his childhood friends.
Also See: Top Ten Fuji Musicians In Nigeria And Their Investment Worth
About that time Nat, as he is fondly called, was approached by one of the most respectable figures in the Nigerian jazz and music circle, Elder Steve Rhodes to lead, arguably, the first Jazz Orchestra in the country – THE STEVE RHODES ORCHESTRA. He served as band leader and lead trumpet player for a period of two years and later moved on with his music career.
His peculiar and particularly soulful trumpet playing style caught the ears of top Artistes and composers within and outside the country. Teemac, Ayo Bankole Jr, Cobhams Asuquo, Wole Oni, Yinka Davies, Adlan Cruise, Funsho Ogundipe, Peter King, Sotiris Papadopoulus, Paul Petersen, The French Cultural centre, American International School, are but a few individuals and organizations that have sought his musical ingenuity.
As time passed, Nathaniel began sensing a deep yearning within. There was more to his music than he thought. He later took time off his numerous mainstream commitments to seek the Lord under the Mentorship and guidance of Late
Pastor Eskor Mfon, the former Pastor of The Redeemed Christian Church Of God, City Of David Parish. This decision attracted fierce criticisms from friends, Artistes and colleagues who thought it unthinkable abandoning what was becoming a thriving mainstream music career to serve exclusively at a local church.
Also See: Free Download Fuji Music Site Online | Fuji Music Download Site
Hallelujah Challenge Testimonies
A lot of people have come online to share their testimonies from this Halleluja Challenge that has held in years past. It is expected that many others will also share their testimonies from this year’s program.
Hallelujah Challenge Critics
A lot of people have been vocally against the Hallelujah Challenge. The most vocal and popular critic has been Daddy Freeze. These were his words of criticism.
“The #hallelujahchallenge was actually a noble idea that I enjoyed, until it became a celebrity screenshot challenge and an unverified testimony challenge, where God leaves his lofty throne in the heavens, to help Nigerians look for their passports, repair their fridges, and sign their budget.
I also have a problem with the convener of the challenge laying claim to every good thing that happened while the challenge was on, while ignoring the pastor’s wife who committed suicide and the popular church that had a fire incident during the period the challenge was running. ~FRZ
Despite the ccritics, the Hallelujah Challenge 2019 has commenced and many Nigerians will be joining the challenge.
Will you be joining the Hallelujah challenge 2019? Do you believe in this program? share your thoughts with us below.