When you are creating your Instagram stories, you can easily add your music to your video stories. As you know, or may not have known, you can add any music of your choice to your Instagram stories video. However, not many persons know and that is why we want to share this with you today to give you the edge. So, if you want to learn how to add music to Instagram stories, read on.
Basically, adding music to your Instagram stories is pretty easy — at least since June, that is. That’s when Instagram added customizable story music to the platform, allowing users to easily choose a song, add the track to their stories and post it all with just a few clicks. Still interested? Read on.
How To Add Music To Instagram Stories
There are basically two ways to add music to your stories.
1. Add Music with the ‘Music’ sticker (Add Music after taking a photo or video in any shooting mode)
2. Add Music in the new ‘Music’ shooting Mood (Select music first and then record up to a 15-second clip)
Let’s break them down for you immediately.
Method 1: Music Sticker:
(Select Music & Snippet after taking photo or video)
- Take a photo or video in any shooting mode (Normal, Boomerang, Hands-Free, etc)
- Tap Smiley Face Sticker icon in Upper Right
- Tap Music Button
- Browse Music by Popular, Moods, Genres
- Search for Song/Artist
- Tap Play Icon to Preview
- Tap Cover Art to Add to Video
- Use Slider to select part of the song you want to play
- Tap on ‘Seconds’ to change the duration
- Add To Story
Method 2: Music S hooting Mode
(Select Music & Snippet before pressing the shutter button)
- Pick Song from Library
- Tap Cover Art to Add
- Select a part of the song using the slider
- Add Face Filter (optional)
- Press & Hold Shutter Button to Record Clip
- Add To Story
You can now follow any of these steps to Add Music To Instagram Stories. If you have questions, use the comment box below and we shall attend to you.