Google Chrome by default blocks all pop-ups from showing on your screen automatically. However, you may want to allow the pop-ups to show. That is why I want to show you how to allow pop-ups in Chrome browser. It is very easy and the steps are not difficult. For any site where the pop-up is blocked, you will see this sign by the address bar.
What Is Pop-Ups?
Pop-ups are those windows that appear when you are viewing some websites. It is usually a form of advert that appears unsolicited. Most times, this could be very annoying. Some of them could be malware. However, not all. So, if you want to allow pop-ups in Chrome browser, I will guide you here.
How To Allow Pop-ups In Chrome Browser
I will be showing you how to do this on a computer, android and iOS devices.
Allow Pop-Ups on Chrome On Computer
To turn on or off pop-ups on your computer, here are the guidelines to follow.
- Open your Google Chrome browser and locate the settings.
- Under the settings dashboard, click on “advanced”.
- Then, locate and click on “Privacy & Security”.
- Next, click on “site settings”.
- From there, click on “pop-ups & redirects”.
- You can then decide to allow it or disable it by selecting any of “allowed” or “blocked”.
Allow Pop-Ups On Certain Sites
If you want to allow pop-ups to occur on certain websites, use this guideline here.
- Open the chrome browser on your computer.
- Then, locate the pages in which the pop-ups are blocked.
- The next step will be to click on “pop-up blocked” in the address bar.
- Furthermore, you will have to click on the particular link of the pop-up you want to see.
- Finally, select the option of “always allow pop-ups and redirects”.
- You are good to go.
- Open your phone and launch the Google Chrome app.
- Locate the “settings” by the far right of the browser and tap on it.
- The next step will be to tap on “site settings” and then “pop-ups and redirect”.
- Select whether you want to turn it on or off.
- You are good to go.
How To Allow Pop-ups From Specific Sites On Android
If you choose to allow pop-ups from certain websites, here is how you can do that.
- Simply open the Google Chrome browser on your mobile device.
- Then, locate the particular site where pop-ups are blocked.
- Since you want to allow them, click on “always show” at the bottom of the page.
Also See: How To Update Your Google Chrome Browser
On iPad & iPhones
Let me show you how to do this on your iPad and iPhones.
- Simply open the Chrome browser on your device.
- Then, tap on the “settings” section.
- Locate and tap on “content settings”. Then, click on “block pop-ups”.
- Select whether to allow it or block it.
Allow Pop-ups For Certain Sites
- Follow the step above by opening your chrome browser.
- Locate the page where the pop-ups are already blocked.
- Then, to the bottom, tap on “always show”.
Do you have any question? Use the comment box below and ask.