The general public and all interested applicants are hereby informed of the Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship 2017 application. This scholarship schemes has been on since 1998 for Nigerian undergraduates. Eligible awardees are supported for their undergraduate and graduate study for the duration of their program and includes tuition and maintenance allowances.
The Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship 2017’s mission is to invest in the Nigerian youths’ unlimited and untapped potential as the key to socioeconomic growth to enhance the standard of living of the society and increase human efficiency. The scheme offers an average of 100 opportunities each year for new applicants while renewing applicants are supported annually, conditional on meeting all eligible requirements of the scholarship.
How To Apply For Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship 2017
Let’s look at the requirements of the Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship 2017.
- Completed online application
- Valid Government ID (e.g. International passport, Voter’s Card, National ID or Driver’s License). Please note that a certificate of origin or birth certificate will not be accepted as a valid form of ID. The only exception will be for minors below the age of 18 years who are unable to apply for a government ID. In which case, a birth certificate will be accepted in lieu of a government ID for such minors.
- An official original letter (not photocopied) letter from your school/Head of Department stating the following: – Your full-name – Course Title – Department of Study – CGPA – Gender – Matriculation number OR Newly matriculated who have not yet received a matriculation number or school ID must provide a provisional admission letter to their institution of study.
- Original Secondary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO)
- Original JAMB certificate.
- A valid student ID for your host institution (University/College)
- A passport photographs.
How To Register/Apply
- Log onto https://www.jimoviafoundation.org/.
- Click on “log in/register” at top right-hand corner of the homepage.
- Create a new account or login with your existing credentials if you already have a Jim Ovia Scholar Account.
- A verification email will be sent to the email account you provided in your application. Go to your email, follow the instructions and return to log back into your new Jim Ovia Scholar’s Account.
- Once you log in, you will be redirected into scholarship portal to your profile page for your new Jim Ovia Scholars account. Click on “apply now”.
- Ensure to fill out all the data completely and accurately on your application.
- Ensure to click ‘Submit’ at the end of your application or click ‘Save Draft’ to continue at a later time if you are unable to be complete it.
- You will see a message confirming that your application has been submitted successfully.
- Your application is now on its way to being reviewed. There is no need to contact the Foundation when you submit your application. The review process can take up to 20 weeks. You can check back from time to time in your account profile for updates on your submission by clicking on the ‘submitted applications’ tab underneath your profile picture in your account.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email for the next step.
Nov 30th, 2017.
Any question on the steps on How To Apply For Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship 2017, use the comment box and we shall attend to them. Thank you.