Uber is not a new name in the society. As technology advances, even the transportation sector is affected. So, If you’re looking for a way to make money driving, starting a career as an Uber driver could be the option you’ve been looking for. In this article, we have outlined How To Apply For Uber Driver And Document Requirements. This guide here is very simple, clear and easy to understand. So you have nothing to fear.
To apply for Uber Driver, you must know that it works in two ways. You can either have your own car and apply with it. It this case, there will be certain requirements the car will meet up with. Read them below. Or, you may not have your own car. Uber can provide that for you subject to your agreeing some Terms and Conditions.
How To Apply For Uber Driver And Document Requirements
Uber driver Requirements
To apply for Uber Driver (Partner), you must meet up with certain requirements and having some vital documents. Let’s see them below. Please note that this is the minimum requirements. Each state has some different additional requirements you must meet up with.
Minimum driver-partner requirements
Most people can drive with Uber, even if you don’t have a car or commercial permit. Requirements vary by city, but there are a few minimum requirements:
- Have a valid driving license for Nigeria.
- Complete a Safety Screening
- You have to be a minimum of 21 years of age
Minimum vehicle requirements
All vehicles need to be in excellent working and physical condition. All vehicles must have:
- Must be of 2000 model (year of production) and upwards.
- A working radio
- Air conditioning
- Four doors
Required vehicle documentation
Before hitting the road, you will need to upload the documentation below.
- Valid vehicle inspection report
All driver partners are required to complete a screening session at their nearest screening test centre. Bookings are not needed.
- Uber partner account
- Invitation code
- Screening fee
- Driver’s license
How To Apply Uber Driver
Having seen the needed requirements and documents, if you meet with them, here is how you can now apply to become a partner/driver with Uber.
- Log onto the application portal: https://www.uber.com/en-NG/.
- Fill in your names, email address, password and invite code (this is optional)
- Afterwards, click on “Sign Up To Drive”.
- Then, Login and upload the required documents. Please ensure they are clear enough.
UBER Background Checkup
After you have submitted your application, Uber will carry out a background check to ensure you are what you claim to be. This involves some issues.
- You will be interviewed to access your general driving knowledge and skills.
- Also, you will undergo an Uber safety training. It costs about #20,000 but it can be paid in installments.
- A criminal background check will also be conducted. This takes within 2-4 weeks.
How Does Uber Work?
After you’ve been approved to begin driving as an Uber partner, here’s how your experience will typically go:
- You’ll open the Uber driver app when you’re ready to start accepting rides. Your username is typically your e-mail address.
- Uber provides a phone with the Uber driver app set up on the device.
- If you would rather use your own smartphone, Uber will provide you with the setup details.
- When a rider requests an Uber, the driver closest to them automatically receives the trip request—so if that’s you, the notification will pop up on your app.
- You’ll accept the trip, and use the navigation to drive to the client’s pick-up location.
- The app will charge the rider, so you won’t need to collect any fees during your drive.
- When the ride is over, you and your rider will have the opportunity to rate one another.
- Uber will pay you through direct deposit.
NB: Uber drivers are paid based upon the number of rides they provide to customers. In order to maintain your Uber partner account, you’ll need to accept 1 trip or more every 30 days or less. If you don’t, you may have to reapply.
Uber Mobile App
Finally, you have to download the Uber mobile app and you are good to go. Visit your device play store and download it. See the Uber app download guide for iOS, Android and Windows.