To celebrate World Wetlands Day on 2 February 2017 and theme “Wetlands for Disaster Risk Reduction” the Ramsar Convention Secretariat is organizing a Wetlands Youth Photo Contest open to 18-25 year olds. All images submitted for the photo contest will be used at the discretion of the Convention in outreach products for the purpose of educating, raising awareness as well as promoting the wise use of wetlands in the regions around the world where the Ramsar Convention is active.
To Apply For Wetlands Youth Photo Contest is very simple and must be done online. we shall immediately show the processes of applying for the contest and you could be one of the lucky winners of this contest. Pick up your camera and let’s do this!
How To Apply For Wetlands Youth Photo Contest
- To enter the contest, visit worldwetlandsday.org.
- The Photographer shall complete the Entry Form with the required information, and submit it along with his/her photograph(s) in accordance with the instructions that follow. Participation in this Contest is free of charge for the Photographer(s).
- Each Entry must comply with all of the following requirements:
- The photograph(s) must be of any type of wetland that helps us cope with extreme weather events. Also, The photograph(s) can relate to or illustrate wetland use, conservation and sustainable use.
- The photograph(s) must be in digital format. Only photographs submitted online will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this Contest.
- All digital files must be in JPEG or JPG format, and with a maximum size of 5MB.
- The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Photographer. By entering the Contest, the Photographer represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph(s) is/are an original work created solely by the Photographer, that the Photographer has all rights over the photograph(s) and that the photograph(s) does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph(s). The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- By entering the Contest, the Photographer thereby agrees to abide by the Official Rules and grants the Ramsar Convention Secretariat the right to include the submitted photograph(s) in the Ramsar Photo Database.
Winners’ name will be posted on the Ramsar Convention website (www.ramsar.org) and they will be sent a notification informing them that they have won the main prize.
If you encounter any challenge in the course of applying for this, kindly use the comment box and we will get back to you. Thank you.