If you want to learn how to apply for Iceland Students Visa in Nigeria, then, you are in the right place. Just like everything else, if you know what to do in every situation, you won’t have hard times. We are here to equip you with all the information you need to know about Iceland students visa for Nigerians. You will receive all important information you will need to know.
Going outside Nigeria to study is a very huge part of Nigeria. This is because, the Nigerian educational system is not yet to the standard it should be. As a result, people who have opportunity and the resources to travel out of the country takes the opportunity. If you have ever considered study abroad in Nigeria, then, you would most likely have to consider going to Iceland.
What Is Iceland Students Visa?
The Iceland Student visa is designed for anyone that intends to study in Iceland for a period more than 90 days. It is also a residence permit for a foreign student, aged 18 or older to study at a secondary school or university in Iceland. If your study will exceed 90 days (30 months), you will need to apply for the Iceland Student Visa. however, it its less than 90 days, you should apply for Iceland Tourist Visa.
Before you have the freedom to stay in Iceland for more than three months, you have to apply for a residence permit. This permit lets you remain in Iceland until the end of your study.
Iceland Students Visa Requirements
Before your application for the Iceland Student Visa is approved, you will need to have these required documents with you.
- Proof of Means of Financial Support Instructions. You should provide your bank statements for the past four to six months and a bank draft in convertible currency. If on scholarship, you will need a letter from the person or institution providing you with money .
- You must provide the letter of acceptance you received from the educational institution that you will be attending. You must have been admitted into a University in Iceland before applying for Iceland student Visa. The letter of acceptance is issued by the country’s educational institution on official letterhead. It shows the exact amount of tuition fees you are required to pay. The letter also shows the anticipated starting and finishing dates, and the date by which you need to register.
- Visa application form. Visa application form filled out in detail (block letters) and signed by the applicant.
- Original, signed Nigeria passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity.
- Passport type photograph which is recent and clear.
- Photocopies of the passport and ID card. The applicant must provide photocopies of the original passport and ID card, including copy of all visas (valid and expired).
- Itinerary. Copy of round trip tickets or confirmed itinerary.
- Medical travel insurance.
- Proof of hotel reservations and accommodation. You should make arrangements for your arrival in Iceland. The embassy needs to see that you have an arrangement in place. So, you can either stay at a hotel or stay at your relative/friend’s place for the meantime (if you have any) before you find accommodation.
Please Note: The consular office might ask for additional documents. You should be prepared to oblige to their request.
How to Apply For Iceland Student Visa in Nigeria: Step By Step
Having gotten all documents ready, here is how you can apply for the Iceland Students Visa.
1- Secure an Admission
Without an admission into a School in Iceland, you cannot apply for the student visa. The best practice for securing an admission is to send your application to several schools. Iceland has about seven universities and several other higher educational institutions to choose from.
2- Gather All Documents
Fill the application form duly and correctly. Get your supporting documents and get ready for submission at Vfs global center.
3- Submit Application/Attend Interview
Once you submit your application, you should prepare for an interview at the Embassy of Denmark in Abuja. You have to appear in person (just as you must for application submission) as you’d need to verify the biometric data you provided during application submission. Vfs Global Limited would inform you if the embassy needs your attention.
4- Track Your Application
After the interview, you should track your application to know when to get your passport.
5- Get Your Passport
You should pick up your passport immediately you can confirm that your passport is ready. And hopefully, you can fly to your dream destination to study.
Iceland Student Visa Costs
The VISA fee varies depending on purpose. The current Visa fee is N21900 for student, Family Reunion, Employment, Training, Medical and Official assignment. The price might change anytime. But as at now, the above price is correct.
Processing Time For Iceland Student Visa
Visa processing period takes between 2 to 4 weeks. It can also take up to two months depending on the nature of your application. During this period, the consular office will carry you along.
No one can guarantee the success of your Visa application. But, if you follow the guidelines listed here, there is a higher chance your Iceland Students Visa will be approved for you.
Got questions? Ask below.