These days, a lot of international students choose Malaysia as destination for their study abroad program. Well, yes, that should answer your question as to whether Malaysia is a good place for academics. Malaysia is not just good for education, it is one of the best destination for anyone, be it for vacation, business, leisure etc. If you really want to know how to apply Malaysian Student Visa in Nigeria, then read on.
Why would people want to study abroad? We have detailed that for you. If perhaps you are not sure of studying abroad, read that could change your mind. That said, I want to go straight into showing you all you need to know about obtaining a Malaysian Students visa in Nigeria. Read on.
Types Of Malaysian Visa
Just as different countries have different categories of Visa to apply to enter their country, Malaysia is not exempted.
There are three different types of visas that you could use to enter into Malaysia.
- Student visa
- Social visa
- Business visa
The list are the 3 basic types of visa that anybody who wish to do anything in Malaysia is expected to apply for in other to enter the country. Our focus is on the Students Visa.
How To Apply Malaysian Students Visa In Nigeria
Applying for Malaysian students visa in Nigeria is very straightforward. Here are the requirements you will need. All Applications are submitted at Malaysia High Commission in Abuja. Applicants are advice to provide all required document to avoid unnecessary delays in processing their application. And also, you should note that you will apply in person.
To apply for student visa you must submit the following documents:
- International Passport: An International passport with at least 6 months validity and unused visa pages. The Passport should still be valid till after your stay in Malaysia.
- Photocopy of the data page of your passport.
- Carefully fill the visa application form. You have to do it by yourself so that you can answer the question fields correctly. And I will tell you to be as honest as possible as you can be. You don’t want to play smart.
- Letter of admission from a government approved college in Malaysia. Before you say you want to study in Malaysia, you must have applied and offered an admission into a University there. The first step you might want to take is apply in different schools that offers the course you want to study.
Here is How To Apply
- Submit original immigration approval letter. This is very important. It shows you have been confirmed.
- Original and copy of your relevant credentials
- Original and photocopy of a duly signed yellow fever certificate. Malaysia don’t want any insecurity of health issues from a foreigner.
- Letter of confirmation from your parent or sponsor. That is very important
- Letter of eligibility from the Ministry of education in Nigeria
- Your parents or sponsor’s bank account statement the last 3 months, original and photocopy must be submitted. They want to be sure that you have the ability to finance your study period.
- An original and photocopy of clearance certificate from National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA)
- Pay the visa fee.
Also See: Best Study Abroad Agents In Nigeria
Why Study In Malaysia?
Here are some reasons you should have in mind.
- Malaysian universities draw a number of students from all over the world, creating an inclusive environment to study.
- Malaysian institutes have strong partnerships with leading global industries and organizations, helping students find good internship opportunities or suitable employment after graduation.
- Also, the branch campuses of world-class institutions in Malaysia are suitable for students looking for affordable and quality education.
Malaysia Embassy Contact Details in Nigeria
***Address: No. 4A,Plot 2232 B, Rio Negro Close, off Yedseram Street, Maitama, Abuja.
***Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
***For More information, visit the Embassy official websites via here.
Good luck as you Apply Malaysian Students Visa.