One of the most important steps you can take on your iPhone is to always back up. There is no amount of time that we emphasize this that will be sufficient. Backing up your iPhone will save you lots of loss from unexpected circumstances. But the, what if I tell you there is how to back up iPhone without iTunes or iCloud?
Whether you want to back up your important and irreplaceable data, precious photos and messages to health data, business contacts, emails and documents; not to mention dozens of laboriously downloaded apps and games and hundreds of songs, you can do this easily.
So, why talk about how to back up iPhone without iTunes or iCloud? Isn’t that how it is supposed to be done? You are right. However, you must have already known what I am about to say here. Backing up iPhone on iTunes or iCloud comes with a lot of challenges.
Page Table of Contents
Disadvantages of Using iTunes and iCloud to Back Up iPhone
Some of the obvious disadvantages include these.
- iTunes lets you back up the contents of an iPhone to a desktop computer. It’s free to use, but not always user-friendly.
- Also, backing up in this way takes up space on your computer, and if you use a low-storage laptop this isn’t a small consideration.
- Finally, it can only back up the entire contents of an iPhone or none at all; it cannot perform partial backups.
- The iCloud allows you back up on Apple’s servers on the cloud. However, there is always a chance of the server being breached by external elements. This can lead to loss of vital data into the public sphere.
- Backing up over iCloud can also be a frustratingly slow process, and like iTunes it cannot perform partial backups.
- Furthermore, this method is very costly. Apple allows each iPhone owner a free allowance of iCloud storage, but this is so small (just 5GB) that you’ll realistically have to pay an extra monthly fee for additional storage if you want to use it for iPhone backups.
All these and many more brings us to How To Back Up iPhone Without iTunes or iCloud.
How To Back Up iPhone Without iTunes or iCloud
We want to show you how to back up iPhone using DearMob iPhone manager. DearMob offers a range of additional tools that you don’t get with Apple’s offerings. It allows you to perform selective backups. So, you can select the important documents and files to back up.
Furthermore, the software supports and converts a wide range of formats – enabling you, for example, to back up HEIC files as JPG, ePub as TXT, contacts as HTML or XML and numerous file types as PDF if this is more convenient for you.
It also offers two-way sync to multiple computers with no data loss, fast transfer speeds, password protection for selected files and the ability to perform a one-click full backup and restore.
So, below is how to back up iPhone using DaerMob iPhone manager.
- Connect your iPhone and Mac or PC using a USB cable.
- Tap ‘Trust This Computer’ on the iPhone.
- Launch DearMob iPhone Manager and click ‘Backup’.
- Click on ‘Backup Now’. A full iPhone backup file will be generated.
Also See: How To Clear iPhone Cache Easily
How To Back Up Selected Files
If you only want to back up some files and leave the rest, here is how to go about it then.
- With the iPhone plugged into your desktop computer, launch iPhone Manager and click on ‘Photo Transfer’.
- Select the photos you’d like to back up.
- Click ‘Export’, and wait for the file to be generated.
- This same method can be used for any other file you want to download.
- It’s as simple as that.
So, you have seen how to back up iPhone without iTunes or iCloud? Do you have any question on this? Ask. Please share this to help others too.