Everyone deserves an assurance of security of their privacy irrespective of the online platform. Privacy. Protection on your Email account shouldn’t be exclusive. This is where the Protonmail account comes to be the best free email account provider.
To be frank, ProtonMail has been the Safest Email Provider this year and other past years. The most secured and truths by millions around the world.
ProtonMail provides end-to-end encryption and lots of other great security features to keep each of your communications private. Shocking to also add that even the company hosting your emails has no way of reading them, so you can rest assured that they can’t be read by third parties either.
When it comes to privacy ProtoMail beats other top emails like Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, Yandex, etc.
I believe you would want such services for yourself, especially knowing the possibility of creating a free Proton Mail account. And that is the reason I created this page, to should you step-by-step on how to create a new ProtonMail account and get it to verify right away.
You can be rest assured that no third parties can read through your mail account, neither will you start receiving annoying emails that you never subscribed for. Not possible as ProtonMail accounts don’t lick.
How to Create A New ProtonMail Account
Nowadays emails are more accessed more via mobile devices, so it is important to explain the steps to Create A New ProtonMail Account with mobile. But the steps are requirements remains the same on the web. The only part that makes the mobile process a bit contrasting is the part where you have to download the app and install it on your mobile device before proceeding to Sign up for a new Protonmail account.
Thus, below are the official ProtonMail App for Android and iOS devices. Use the link below to download the official app for your device;
After the app is finished downloading, launch app and tap on the “Sign Up” button – the steps shown for the Web version should come next.
- Go to https://mail.protonmail.com/create/new. You would have to go through the ProtonMail online form if you already downloaded the ProtonMail app.
Just launch your app and click on “Create Account” or “Sign Up” to continue from the steps below.
- Fill in the information required. You’ll be requested to enter your desired ProtonMail username that will be your email address after adding the @protonmail.com or @protonmail.ch.
- The next step is to prove that you’re human – creating the ProtonMail account. ProtonMail provides several options to do this, and that includes;
– CAPTCHA: this is an option where you have to either type in code or select the required image similarities that display. Please note that sometimes this process could be annoying especially if your network is weak.
– Email: This method ProtonMail will send a unique code to the email (alternative email) for you to log in to that email, get the code, and come back to ProtonMail to input the code.
– SMS: the same with the email method; if this option is selected you will be asked to input a phone number you receive messages, then an SMS containing a unique code will be sent to you, then you come back to ProtonMail to input that code.
– Donation: this is a willing act – whereby you make any donation as you wish, to pass the authentication process.
- Wait for ProtonMail to create your account. It may take about 5seconds for them (ProtonMail) to create this account it just depends on the strength of your network.
You’ll be redirected to your New ProtonMail account dashboard after the creation is completed. You can see (from the image above) the process it’s passing through to create the account.
ProtonMail Login New Account Dashboard
After a new ProtonMail account is completely created, the user is redirected to the mail account with a pop-up to edit or change the display name. Also with other options to download the ProtonMail app.
However, when next you want to login, your ProtonMail email address (or username) and Password will be need to gain access into your ProtonMail Message Inbox.
To log in simply go to www.protonmail.com and click on the “log in”. But logging in from your app – is faster, because once you have created the account and logged in the first time, you remain logged in except when you log out yourself.
Upgrading To A Premium ProtonMail Account
The only part which you may dislike ProtonMail is the capacity of storage allocated to free accounts. But that increases the reasons why you should upgrade to the premium plan If you have lots of files or information to store in your ProtonMail account.
Speaking of the storage, ProtonMail offers a 500.00 MB to free account – which is way too small when compared with other free email providers. See the free emails and the storage capacity allocated here.
The premium ProtonMail price starts from $5 dollar monthly, which also allows paying annually. The premium plan unlocks more features to use. However, both the free and paid plan account remains secured – it is their MOST priority. Learn more about ProtonMail Price here.
Do you have any questions or contributions? Use the comment box below to join the discussion.