Do you have too much apps on your iPhone? What if I were to show you how to create folders on iPhone so that you make your phone screen cluster free? Putting your apps in a folder makes it easier to use your phone. You don’t have to scroll front and back, up and down, to find an app you want to use.
You can decide to arrange similar apps into one folder and the other for easy accessibility. For instance, you can arrange your apps into folders such as “Games”, “Music” “productivity” etc. Once these are done, you can easily find any app you want and remove clusters from your phones.
How To Create Folders On iPhone For Apps & Documents
To create folders on iPhone, here is the guideline you will follow.
- To create a folder, you’ll need at least two apps to put into the folder. Figure out which two you want to use.
- Lightly tap and hold one of the apps until all apps on the screen start shaking (This is the same process that you use to re-arrange apps).
- Drag one of the apps on top the other. When the first app seems to merge into the second one, take your finger off the screen. This creates the folder.
- What you see next differs depending on what version of the iOS you’re running. In iOS 7 and higher, the folder and its suggested name take up the entire screen. In iOS 4-6, you’ll see the two apps and a name for the folder in a little strip across the screen
- You can edit the name of the folder by tapping on the name and using the onscreen keyboard. More on folder names in the next section.
- If you want to add more apps to the folder, tap the wallpaper to minimize the folder. Then drag more apps into the new folder.
- When you’ve added all the apps you want and edited the name, click the Home button on the front center of the iPhone and your changes will be saved (just like when re-arranging icons).
- To edit an existing folder, tap and hold the folder until it begins to move.
- Tap it a second time and the folder will open and its contents will fill the screen.
- Edit the folder’s name by tapping on the text.
- Add more apps by dragging them in.
- Click the Home button to save your changes.
How To Remove Apps From Folders
If you want to remove an app from a folder on your iPhone or iPod touch, follow these steps:
- Tap and hold the folder that you want to remove the app from.
- When the apps and folders start wiggling, remove your finger from the screen.
- Tap the folder you want to remove the app from.
- Drag the app out of the folder and onto the Home screen.
- Click the Home button to save the new arrangement.
How To Delete a Folder on the iPhone
Deleting a folder is similar to removing an app.
- Simply drag all the apps out of the folder and onto the Home screen.
- When you do this, the folder disappears.
- Press the Home button to save the change and you’re done.
If you encounter any challenge doing this, quickly use the comment box below and we shall attend to them immediately.