How do you define annoying? Let me help you. Annoying is when your you log onto some sites and some videos in the site starts playing automatically, and most times, the video plays on mute. Before you realize, you must have wasted your data on irrelevant videos. Now, that is annoying. Isn’t it? I suppose it is. But, If you were taught how to Disable Videos Autoplay In Google Chrome For Phones & PC, wouldn’t be worth it?
Well, i suppose that’s why you are here. You don’t have to always struggle to stop videos playing. We will show you how to prevent it from even happening in the first place. Google chrome browser has some mechanisms that prevents that from happening. Whether it be from your phone or on a PC, we will show you the steps you will need to follow. Just stay with us.
Disable Videos Autoplay In Google Chrome For Phones & PC
Disable Autoplay Videos in Chrome on Android
Android makes disabling autoplay videos simple. To do that,
- Launch Chrome on your phone or tablet
- Go to Settings
- Then, Site Settings.
- Next, scroll down the menu and tap on Media and then Autoplay and toggle the switch off.
Disable Autoplay Videos in Chrome on Desktop
So, if you are using a PC, how do you go about disabling the autoplay? We’ve got that covered.
- Launch Chrome
- In the Address Bar type: chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy and hit Enter.
- That will bring you directly to the flag that you need to change.
- From the drop-down box, change the setting from Default to “Document user activation is required” and relaunch the browser.
Now, while an autoplay video might pop up on a site, it will not play automatically, and you will have to specifically click or tap on it if you want it to play. Using this in addition to the muting option will save you a lot of frustrations while browsing the web in Chrome.
So, using these guidelines above, you can Disable Videos Autoplay In Google Chrome For Phones & PC. Any comment? use the comment box below.