Editing already sent messages was only achievable to do on few instant messaging platform like Telegram. WhatsApp is one of the most popular messengers widely used from around the world – but without the enablement to edit Edit WhatsApp Messages after it’s sent.
The feature to enable users edit WhatsApp messages after its sent has been advocated for a very long time; and guess what, It is now posible to edit your sent messages now, With the condition to edit a many times as you want within the set 15-minute time limit.
How to Edit WhatsApp Messages You already Sent on Android and iOS
- Select the message you want to edit by pressing and holding it.
- Tap on Edit from the message context menu (on iOS) or go to the three-dot menu at the top right corner of the screen (on Android).
- Edit your mistakes or re-type the new message you want to send in the text field.
- Tap the green check mark button next to the text box to save your edited message.
However, WhatsApp will mark any Edited messages as edited on the message box to notify the recipient aware of the correction without showing edit history.
Things to also note about the Whatspp feature to edit messages
- Only the group of persons in a group chat or an individual chat can see the edited version of your message if they run on the latest WhatsApp version
- You can only see the “edit” feature if you are running on the latest WhatsApp
- You can’t see the “edit” feature after the 15-minute time limit you sent the message you intend to edit.
- You can also edit WhatsApp messages on WhatsApp Web and Desktop (both Mac and Windows)
Why you need this
- Nothing else but to fix your typos without leaving a trace.