Before we detail you on how to enable Windows 10 Tablet Mode, we need to first understand what it is. The Tablet Mode on Windows 10 is an optional feature allowing Windows 10 users with touchscreen-enabled PCs to use their device by touching their screen, rather than using a mouse and keyboard. The Tablet Mode displays the Windows 10 user interface in such a way that optimizes the PC’s use as a tablet. Such optimization usually includes large app icons, fewer icons displayed, and an on-screen touch keyboard.
If you are the type that prefers a “Tablet-like” appearance on your PC, then, this guide is definitely for you to explore. In simple steps, we will be guiding your through the processes.
How To Enable Windows 10 Tablet Mode Guide
Here are the different methods you can use to enable the tablet mode.
USING THE START MENU
- Press the windows Start icon located in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Select the gear icon located on the lower left side of the Start menu to open the settings.
- Select System. It should have the basic outline of a computer as its icon.
- You should see a long list of options running along the left side of the screen. Select Tablet mode.
- You should see Tablet mode’s customization options, including the ability to enable it upon startup will appear in the center of your screen.
- To choose whether desktop mode or tablet mode is enabled when you turn on your computer, select the When I sign in dropdown menu and select either Use tablet mode or Use desktop mode.
- To choose how you want your system to automatically switch between modes, select the When this device automatically switches tablet mode on or off dropdown menu, then select Don’t ask me and don’t switch, Always ask me before switching, or Don’t ask me and always switch.
- If you want to hide the app icons while using Tablet mode, simply toggle Hide app icons on the taskbar in tablet mode to On. If you want to hide the Taskbar entirely, just toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode to On.
USING THE SEARCH BAR
- Type “tablet mode” into the Taskbar’s Search bar, located next to the Start menu icon, in the lower left side of the screen.
- The first search result that pops up should be “Tablet mode settings.” Select this to be taken directly to the Tablet mode settings.
- Repeat steps 5-8 above to customize your tablet mode’s settings.
USING THE ACTION CENTER
- Select the Action Center icon, located in the lower right hand corner of the screen, next to the date and time display. It should be a small, square-shaped icon resembling an outline of a notification or conversation bubble.
- A large menu will appear from the right side of the screen. At the bottom, select Tablet mode to quickly enable Tablet Mode’s features for your computer’s display.
How To Disable Windows 10 Tablet Mode
The quickest way to disable Windows 10 Tablet Mode is through the Action Center.
- Select the Action Center icon.
- Select the Tablet mode again to disable Tablet Mode’s display features.
Got questions? Roll them in here. We are ready for you.