No one can actually determine what could cause anyone to reset his or her phone at anytime. But, as you know, things happen. You could have need and you want to do that without knowing what to do. Here, we will show you the practical tips you can use to factory reset Galaxy S8 & S8 plus phones easily.
The first thing i will point out is that the process is very smooth and straightforward. Anyone can actually do it. Just bear in mind that it will wipe your apps and files — including songs, videos, contacts, photos, and calendar info — but backup programs and Samsung’s cloud storage features make recovering them relatively easy.
So, it is very important for you to back up your documents and whatever else you may want to before resetting your phone. This is because, once you are done, ALL files and documents in the phone will be deleted, except those that came along with the phone.
How To Factory Reset Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus
Below are some of the ways you can use to reset your Galaxy S8 phones.
1. Through Settings
You can easily use this method. It is often the easiest way to go about this. All you have to do is to ensure the phone is switched on. Then, follow these steps.
- Go to Settings
- From there, go to General management > Reset.
- Then, tap on Factory data reset, then Reset, and finally Delete all.
- Now sit tight — the process takes a few minutes. Once it’s finished, you’ll see the Galaxy S8’s welcome screen.
2. From The Recovery Menu
You can also use the recovery menu to reset Galaxy S8 & S8 plus. Sometimes, software corruption, persistent malware, and other factors make resetting your Galaxy S8 from the settings menu an unrealistic proposition. Luckily, you can erase the phone’s data without having to boot into its operating system by using the recovery menu. Make sure your Galaxy S8 is powered down.
- Hold the Volume up, Bixby, and Power buttons at the same time, and keep them held down until you see the Samsung logo.
- After 30 seconds, you should see the Android Recovery Menu. If your phone boots up as normal, try repeating the previous two steps.
- Press the Volume down button four times, until Wipe data/Factory reset is highlighted. Select it using the Power button.
- Press the Volume down button seven times until Yes — delete all user data is highlighted. Select it using the Power button, which triggers the reset process.
- Once the factory reset is complete, press the Power button and select reboot system now.
- Once the Galaxy S8 boots, you’ll see the default welcome screen.
3. Through Samsung’s Smart Switch Software
You can use your PC to reset your phone. However, this time around, you will need the Smart Switch Software. It’ll guide you through the factory reset process, install the newest firmware on your Galaxy S8, and wipe your apps, settings, and personal data.
There are a few prerequisites, though.
- You’ll need to plug the Galaxy S8 into one of your PC’s USB ports using a USB-C adapter.
- Then, you’ll have to download and install the Smart Switch software from Samsung’s website. From there, it’s all downhill.
If you’re plugging in your Galaxy S8 for the first time, you’ll have to wait for the necessary drivers to install. Once that’s finished, move on to the next steps.
- Launch the Samsung Smart Switch software you installed earlier. Your phone will appear in the list of devices.
- Click more in the top-right corner of the screen, and then click Emergency Software Recovery and Initialization.
- Click Device Initialization. Click OK; click OK again to confirm the initialization; and click OK a third time to confirm you’ve read the list of precautions.
- Choose whether you want to create a backup. If you’d rather not, click Skip backup.
- If you get a User Account Control prompt, click Yes.
- Smart Switch will download and install the latest Galaxy S8 firmware to your device. Once it finishes, click OK.
Your Galaxy S8 should now turn on and it will be wiped clean, ready to set up afresh or pass along.
You can use any of these methods listed here to reset Galaxy S8 & S8 plus phones. Which ever method you want to use, just ensure you follow these instructions listed here.