In this Facebook live guide, our focus is to show you how to go live on Facebook. We have detailed how you can do that on the Facebook app as well as going through the Facebook website using any device of your choice. So, follow this guide as we go on.
How To Go Live On Facebook – Facebook Live Guide
On The Facebook App
- In the Facebook app, begin to compose a status as you normally would.
- On iOS, a list of options will show up below the text field, tap on Live Video > Continue.
- On Android, tap on Go Live > Continue.
- Give your Live video a title (e.g. “Playing miniature golf!”) and set the level of privacy (friends, public, etc).
Using The Website Platform
- Go to the News Feed, and tap the “Live” option denoted by the camcorder icon.
- Give Facebook access to your camera and microphone when prompted.
- Choose your privacy setting.
- Write a compelling description.
- Tag friends, choose your location, or add an activity.
- Set up your camera view.
- Add lenses, filters, or writing and drawing to your video.
Once you begin streaming, an alert will be sent to your Facebook friends, notifying them of your stream. The top half of your screen will show what your viewers are seeing, with a control to switch between the front and rear facing camera in the top-right corner.
The bottom half of the screen is where notifications of comments and new viewers will show up. During a stream, you can add filter effects to the video, switch between the front and back camera or enter comments in the text field at the bottom.
Did you find this guide helpful? Kindly let us know using the comment box below. Have fun.