One of the most important strategies for building influence on Instagram is to use the Instagram Live function. The Instagram Live feature allows you to go live in real time while your audience watch you. It is the same as going live on Facebook and Twitter. We will show you the practical ways you can use to go live on Instagram. This isn’t something to scare you. It is quite easy.
Instagram first introduced the ability to share live video in late 2016. And ever since then, it’s become an integral part of social media. Since then, it’s updated Instagram Live with additional features, such as the option to split the screen and go live with a friend. You can share a live video to connect with your followers in real time. You can also invite a friend to join your live video or you can ask to join the live video of a friend. In this post, we are going to show you how to start a live video and the additional you stand to enjoy when you start a live video.
How To Go Live On Instagram
Here are the practical tips on Instagram Live strategy.
- Launch the Instagram mobile app from your phone and login to your account. If you don’t already have an Instagram account, you can click on Sign up to create an account.
- Next, click on the Camera button at the top left corner of the screen or swipe right from anywhere in your Feed. You can also go from the “story”.
- When on the Camera screen, swipe left and tap on the ‘Live’ icon from the options at the bottom of the page. Here you can also find options to add different filters to your photos and videos.
- Then, tap on the ‘Start Live Video’ icon below the screen.
- Lastly, you can start your Live-streaming after the quick connection test is completed. Now Instagram will send a notification to some of your followers, letting them know you’ve started a live video. The number of viewers and comments will appear at the bottom of the screen
- When you’re done with the Live streaming, you can tap on the ‘End Live Video’. The video will end and you’ll tap on the ‘Save’ icon at the top right corner of the page.
- That very simple.
If you’d like to add a comment, tap Comment, type your message, and press Post. Tapping and holding a comment will allow you to pin it to the top so viewers can see it more easily. To turn off comments, tap the three dots to the right of Comment and select Turn Off Commenting.
How To Invite Someone To Join Your Live Video
To ask a friend to join your Live video,
- Tap on a person’s name to invite them. Keep in mind you can only invite someone who is already viewing your live video. If your friend accepts the invitation to join, you’ll see them appear in a split-screen view. You’ll also see if they’ve chosen to decline.
- To remove who already joined your live vidoe, tap X at the top right corner of their split-screen.
To join others Live video on Instagram, while watching the Video, tap on the ‘Request’ icon when you see the option to request to join the live video. Then, hit on ‘Send Request’.
Did you find this Instagram Live guide helpful? Share to help others who might also need it.