This page show you steps on link NIN to Phone Number on MTN, Airtel and Glo Network. Please note that you will be needing your National Identity Number (NIN). Simply check your NIN Slip to get the number or learn how to check it right away before you continue with the sim card linking to NIN.
Aside the NIN, all network providers will also be requesting your full name, phone number and email address (for online platforms).
Several channels have been provided by the network providers to link your NIN with your SIM(s), and that includes;
- via USSD
- via SMS
- via Website
- via Mobile app of the individual network providers.
Page Table of Contents
Why You Must Start Your Linking Now
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) earlier this week, instructed telecommunications companies to block all unregistered SIM cards in the country in two weeks.
How can I find my NIN on My Slip and Online?
You can check your NIN Slip, it has your 11 Digit Number at the top left corner, on the second row. You can also use this page to learn how to check fast.
Link Your NIN to MTN Phone Number
You can complete this exercise from various channels; MyMTN mobile app, Website, and the USSD code.
See the guides below;
NIN Linking MTN USSD Code
Dialing *785# free of charge and following the prompts to complete the link. You should get a successful screen display and SMS at the end of the process.
MTN Website for Linking NIN to MTN Sims
- Visit the official website – https://mtnonline.com/nin/
- Then fill the information as requested. You will be required to enter your First name, Last Name, Middle name (if any), your phone number, your NIN (National Identity Number and your email address.
- Then click on the “Submit” button.
Linking NIN to MTN phone number via MyMTN Mobile App
- Go to your app store and download the official MyMTN app,
- Then complete the login process
- at the homepage of your account you will see the banner. Tab on it to take you to the form to fill the same information as mentioned above.
Link NIN to Airtel Phone Number
Airtel provided a USSD code method and to link via website. To link your NIN to your Airtel phone number, follow any of the methods below:
Airtel USSD Code to link NIN to Phone Number
- Dial *121# on the Airtel line you wish to link.
- Reply by Type 1 for “NIN Capture”
- You will be requested to type 1 again to enter your government-approved NIN Number
- Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
Wait for the message confirming your submission.
Please note, just in case you get an error, try again, until successful.
Airtel Online website to Link NIN to Phone Number
You can use the online method to link for your family, friends, and your phone numbers to NIN online.
For instance, if your friends and family who are not enlightened about the NIN linking to phone number exercise – you can do that on their behave by following the steps below;
- Log on to https://www.airtel.com.ng/nin
- Enter Mobile Number and click SEND OTP
- Type the OTP in the space below to confirm your number
- Thereafter enter your 11 Digit NIN and submit
Link NIN to Glo Phone Number
Glo also provided an SMS and website method of linking your NIN to your phone number. So you can use any of the methods to ensure linking your SIM before it gets blocked.
Using the Glo SMS to Link NIN to Phone number
For this, you will be needing the following information that you will be sent to 109;
- NIN number
- your frist name
- your lastname
So see the steps below;
- Open your phone message area
- Then you will be typing the following information (and as arranged). So now type;
UPDATENIN NIN number firstname lastname
Send the information to 109
Updatenin 12345678903 Chidera Abdul-ola
- Then send the information to 109 as already mentioned.
Please note that you are to send the SMS with that same phone number you wish to link and that automatically links it.
Linking NIN to Glo Phone number via Glo Website
- Visit the Glo NIN website – www.gloworld.com/ng/nin
- Fill the form. You will be required to enter your First name, Last Name, Middle name (if any), your phone number, your NIN (National Identity Number and your email address. Then there is one last exercise to prove that you’re human; enter any two digits; for example 12 or 86, or 08, etc.
- Then click on the “Submit” button.