More and more transactions are being made daily online. This guide is to help you know how you can make payment online with your debit and credit card. We know that a lot of people are finding this difficult. After going through this guide, you will know all there is to know concerning how to make online payment whenever you need to.
What and what do you need to use while making online payments? What details would you need from your credit card to enable you make the payment go without any issue? All these will be show here so you won’t have to be afraid making payments online. This is because, despite the fact that their is online scams, online payment is mostly secured.
Before we go into showing you how to make payment online, it is important to know that you can keep yourself safe online. You can check this guide on how to prevent online fraud when using credit and debit cards online. Having seen that, let us move on and focus on the issue at hand.
How To Make Payment Online Using Credit/Debit Card
Here are the guidelines to follow.
- Check the website is secure. Before you submit your credit card details, make sure you’re shopping on a safe website. Two security signs to look for: check that the website URL starts with the letters “https:” and has an image of a small padlock, usually in the top left-hand corner. See how to know a secured website here.
- Select your item/s. You can add items to your basket/card as you shop.
- Go to the ‘checkout’. When you’re finished shopping and you’re ready to pay, look for the bag or trolley icon which is often in the top right-hand corner of the web page. This is the checkout page where you’ll provide all your billing details.
- Enter your details. Enter your name, address, contact telephone numbers and email address. Some businesses ask you to create an account when you complete a purchase. In most cases you can do this automatically when you make your first purchase by entering a username and password when prompted. You must enter information in all spaces marked with an Asterisk.
- Choose ‘credit card’ as your payment method. You will be prompted to choose how you want to pay. Other options could include debit card, PayPal and bank transfers. You may also be required to select whether you have a Visa, Mastercard or American Express credit card.
- Provide your credit card details. Enter the name on the front of the card, the 16-digit card number, the expiry and the CVV (three-digit security code) found on the back.
- Confirm the payment. Press the “confirm” button to submit your payment. Remember not to hit the button more than once while you’re waiting for the payment confirmation page to load, otherwise you may end up getting charged twice.
- Extra security measures. Verified by Visa, Mastercard SecureCode and American Express’s Safekey are additional layers of security you can register for when using your credit card. If one of these services is active, you’ll need to enter a one-time code sent to your mobile phone.
- Keep a copy of the payment confirmation. Most online stores will email you a tax invoice you can save and print. You can also print the confirmed payment webpage if you prefer. These details will help you track your order and ensure the correct amount is charged to your card. You’ll also need the proof of purchase to dispute the transaction if you don’t get what you paid for.
You will need a credit or debit card that is accepted on the site you want to make payment on. If you are making international transactions, the usual cards required are either a MASTER card or VISA card. Meanwhile, while carrying out local transactions, you can use any of them as well as using a VERVE card.
You have seen how to make payment online using credit or debit cards. If you still want any clarification on this, please use the comment box below and we shall attend to any question you have on this.
If you found this valuable, share to help others that might need it.