Elon Musk’s Starlink internet service provides speeds of up to 150Mbps with only a good view of the sky required. Users may now enjoy fast and consistent internet connection through satellite, without needing telecom operator equipment or services (such as a modem or SIM card).
The interesting part of the Starlink Internet by Elon Musk is the ability to access and connect to high-speed internet from across the globe; even in the most remote and rural locations. And of course, the subscription fee is way lesser, possibly when compared with most telecom companies in your country (see the subscription fee below).
Starlink is best for both individuals, small and large organizations. As earlier said, no sim card is required to start using Starlink as the internet connection is directly connecting from the satellite.
How to order Starlink Internet device
- Go to the Starlink main site – www.starlink.com
- Enter your house address (include your city and county).
Note: By default, a list of suggestions may be displayed as you type in your location. You may quickly select your correct location from the list. Then click on the button ” Order Now” to proceed.
- On the next page, you will be requested to enter your contact information and shipping address. Ensure your contact and shipping information are correctly input.
- Submit the order form and complete other prompts that may come after (depending on where you are ordering from, more information may be required from you).
How to install Starlink in your location
Use the guideline below to complete the installation process of your Starlink. Please note that a more comprehensive guide will also be attached to your Starlink order.
- open your Starlink kit box. you should find the following;
– the WiFi Router
– 50ft (15m) Starlink Cable
– Power Cable
– and the Starlink Base
- Then download the Starlink app (using the link above) to customize your Starlink network
- The next step is to set up your Starlink to determine the best location. You can do this by checking for obstructions using the app’s built-in tool follow the instructions on the app to find an ideal location to receive an uninterrupted internet connection.
- Once you’ve successfully picked a location hold your phone at the same height and position of the Starlink while scanning the sky you will see the area that needs to be clear based on your region.
- After you’ve discovered the optimal location for your Starlink following the instructions on the app connect the correct end of the Styling cable to the mast.
- Connect the power cable to the larger rectangular port and the cable to the smaller circular port on the Starlink router. When you see the white LED at the base of the router, it means that the router has power Starlink.
- When connected to power, Starlink initially articulates upwards into Sky search mode. This means that Starlink is searching the sky for a connection which sometimes takes up to 15 minutes.
- At this point Starlink is searching for a connection is a good opportunity to set up your network. Simply follow the directions on your app to customize your Starlink.
- After setting up your network you can use the Starlink app to check the status of your connection, view statistics, and visit the support
Things to note while connecting your Starlink internet
- when connecting your cable do so in a dry environment and confirm that your connector is free of debris and isn’t damaged
- the bottom of the cable housing should be flush with the mounting line
- while on the dish be careful not to force the connector to avoid damage if it’s misaligned it should easily mate to power both the Starlink and the router.
- when connected to power will initially articulate upwards into Sky search mode