Do you know how to prevent online fraud as well as maintaining credit and debit cards security? Relax and sit tight as we take you through the steps on how to prevent online fraud. It is very essential for everyone to be aware of this important information to avoid falling victims online. You need to know how to protect your debits and credits card. You need to know how to shop securely online. Therefore, you need these and that’s what we would teach you here.
There are frauds everywhere and it is necessary we bring this information on how to prevent online fraud coming your way. There are endless tales of people who have been victims of these frauds one time or the other. So, it is our purpose to educate you on the very simple ways to protect yourself and your loved ones.
- Sign the signature stripe on the back of your credit card as soon as you receive it.
- Never let anyone else use your card.
- Keep your card in a safe place.
- Don’t let your card bend or get scratched.
- Keep your card away from magnetized objects and phones.
- Get your card back anytime you use it.
- Keep your card transaction(s) and ATM receipts to check against your statement.
- Read correspondences from your bank before discarding as they may contain important card account information and not just marketing material.
- Make sure the online shop is reputable. Get more information if unsure.
- Print out a copy of the transaction record for any online purchase you make.
- Don’t make your password/CVV easily identifiable and don’t disclose it to anyone.
- Check if the online shop has a Return and Refunds policy.
- Use a secure browser connection when entering card details.
- Check that the site URL begins with “https” or look for a locked padlock or unbroken key symbol at the bottom right of your browser window. Read more on how to know a secured website.
- Use a different PIN for different cards.
- Change your PIN periodically, and if you think it may have been compromised, change it immediately.
- Memorise your PIN, don’t ever write it down.
- Don’t choose a PIN that is easily associated with you e.g. your birth date.
- Never tell anyone else your PIN.
- Don’t let anyone see your PIN when using ATMs or POS.
As you have seen above, the steps on How To Prevent Online Fraud isn’t costly. There are just simple but effective ways of being fraud-proof. Kindly share this information with your contacts and save them the stress. Thank you.