There could be reasons why you may need to record calls on your android phones. If you ever have need for that, we have gathered the best way you can do this for you here. In this tutorial, everything you will need to know is treated here for you so as to guide you properly.
Before we show you how you can record calls on your android phones, you need to know there are legal restrictions to this. So, you must ensure you are within legal limits before you can utilise these methods we will show you here.
Let’s also point out that there most android phones allow you to record calls while doing your calls. All you need to do is to dial the number, then when the call is answered by the receiver, then, click on the “record sign”. But, if that isn’t on your own phone, we have apps you can use to record your calls immediately.
How To Record Calls On Your Android Phones
You can use an app called Automatic Call Recorder. Here is how.
- Download and install Automatic Call Recorder.
- Whenever you make or receive phone calls, the app will automatically start recording calls. But, you can turn this off by tapping the three dots icon on the top-right > Settings > Record calls > Off.
- You can select the format of recordings. You can choose from AMR, 3GP and WAV. This is accessible in the app via Settings > File type.
In the app, you will see two tabs – Inbox and Saved. All recordings will appear in the Inbox tab. Old recordings get overwritten. This is how you permanently save a recording:
- To save these recordings to your SD card, tap any recording and tap Save. These recordings show up in the Saved tab.
- You can choose where these recordings are saved by going to Settings > Recording path.
- The default folder didn’t show up when we connected our phone to a computer, but changing the saved folder to the Downloads folder solved this problem.
- You can also share the files directly from the app, via WhatsApp or any other app, by simply tapping the recording and then tapping the Shareicon.
Automatic Call Recorder lets you save 200 recordings for free, but if you want to save more on your phone, you need to buy Automatic Call Recorder Pro.
Recording calls with Google Voice
Many Android users have the Google Voice app installed on their phone, which makes it easy to record phone calls using a Google Voice account. Not only that, but the app allows you to record your calls for free. Well, at least some of the calls. If you opt for Google Voice, you can only record incoming calls.
- First, you need a Google Voice account. If you don’t have one, head to the Google Voice website and follow the on-screen instructions. Then, once your account is set up, you need to enable recording on your account, which is relatively easy to do.
- Navigate to the Google Voice homepage.
- Click the three vertical dots more menu located on the left and select Settingsfrom the menu.
- Scroll to the Calls section and turn on Incoming call options by using the slider on the right.
- Once done, you will be able to record incoming calls by simply hitting the “4” button on your keypad.
- Please note that when you press “4,” you and the person you’re talking with will hear a message saying that the recording is underway.
- Press “4” again, and the recording will stop and automatically save to your inbox.
- To access your recordings in the Voice app, head to the Menu and tap Recorded.
Which other app do you use to Record Calls On Your Android phone? Kindly share with us below.