After registering your business with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), the next most important thing to do is to register your product with NAFDAC. However, many people do not know how to register your product with NAFDAC. As a result, they find it very difficult to do so and delay. Today you are going to see how to do that easily.
Knowing How To Register Your Product With NAFDAC will save you a lot of stress. The guide here are very simple to ensure you understand it. NAFDAC registration saves you the burden and stress of not having your business premises closed down. So, to avoid this, hurry now and register your product with NAFDAC.
How To Register Your Product With NAFDAC
Here are the easy and simple guide to follow.
- Approach any NAFDAC office near you. The first thing NAFDAC will do will be to come inspect your business location. This may take some days to happen.
- After the inspection, you will be awarded a Certificate of Recognition as a manufacturer.
- The next thing is to purchase the registration/application form from NAFDAC.
- Submit your application form with all relevant documents for registration and application letter in accordance with the issued guidelines.
- Provide NAFDAC with the relevant information and description of the facility for inspection where it relates to registration and importation of NAFDAC regulated products.
- Provide samples of the products to be registered when notified by NAFDAC for laboratory analysis.
- Ensure all payments are made as at when due (See relevant guidelines and tariffs and fees).
- Ensure all documents are complete and with the appropriate description to prevent unnecessary delays.
Payment For NAFDAC Product Registration
The following is the tariff to pay for NAFDAC registration.
- Food – N50,000 + 5% VAT
- Sachet Water – N30,000 + 5% VAT
- Bottled Water – N50,000 + 5% VAT
It should be noted also that payments should be made strictly to National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) and no one else.
Guide On How To Write Application Letter
To apply for registration you have to write to:
Registration and Regulatory Affairs
Central Laboratory Complex
The application should state the name of the manufacturer, generic name of the product (e.g. biscuit) and brand name of the product.
Requirements For Sample Submission
Remember you will submit a sample of your product as part of the registration process. Please bear the following in mind.
- (i) Your label must be clear, accurate and informative
- (ii) Your label must carry –
- Brand name of food
- Name and address of manufacturer, distributor, marketer etc
- NAFDAC Registration number provision or slot
- Batch Number, Manufacturing and expiry date
- Net content
- Complete list of ingredients
- Warnings (if applicable)
If you are asking how many days it will take before your product is approved, here is the answer.
Summary of Registration processes with timelines
- Submission of Application – 0 days
- Document Verification – 10 days for food and drug
- Facility Inspection/Sampling – 20 days for Food, 40 days for Drug
- Laboratory Analysis – 30 days for Food, 40 days for Drug
- Final Vetting – 10 days for food and drug
- Approval Meeting/Issuance of NAFDAC registration Number (Certificate of registration) – 20 days for food and drug.
- Registration of food product not more than 90 days from acceptance of application.
- Registration of drug product not more than 120 days from acceptance of application.
- Variation of product registration takes not more than 60 days
- All Complaints or conflicts should be forwarded to the reforms unit of NAFDAC through the following address; [email protected], [email protected], or the nearest nafdac state offices.
Did you find this guide on How To Register Your Product With NAFDAC helpful? If you did, someone else might be in need of this. Why not share this?