Most times, if you use the DSTV, you will discover they often have some errors that infuriates you. Some of these errors could be fixed even without having to visit any DSTV office near you. We know that many are not aware of this. This falls under the DSTV self service category. Notwithstanding, you are about to learn how you can easily reset DSTV decoder for many errors even after payment.
DSTV is among the top most best rated Satellite Pay TV subscription in Nigeria, and other African and Asia countries. And a whole lot of tasks comes with a price, DSTV is also vulnerable to other questionable problems and errors. If you find yourself experiencing any error, you would wish to use the guidelines below to solve the problems.
How To Reset Your DSTV After Payment
Here are the methods you can use to solve your challenge.
Reset DSTV Using SMS
It is quite simple and short. The use of SMS box to reset your DSTV after payment is efficient. Just follow the below steps;
- Switch on your phone, Smartphone or Feature phone, after that
- Go to message box
- Now send this “RE DSTV smartcard number” to 30333
- Note that RE number is the number of your decoder. Example: RE 10505663*** to 30333
- Accept the confirmation message and
- You are done!
Reset DSTV Using Remote
Here is another guideline that is effective, using your DSTV remote to reset DSTV after payment. But it is advisable to follow the below guidelines cautiously. Just follow the below steps;
- Hold your DSTV remote controller
- Now press “reset” and the standby buttons at once!
- When the letters “DL” shows up on the display paneel,
- Quickly press this button sequence: Standby, P+, P-, P+, Standby.
Note: You need to be fast!
Reset DSTV By Flash Erase 8118
Here is another simple step to reset your DSTV after payment, you have to flash erase the 8118 error. It is one of the major flows and errors DSTV have ever experienced. Just follow the below steps;
- On your front panel of the decoder
- Simultaneously PRESS the “Reset” and “Standby” buttons
- The letters “dL” will appear on the display panel
- Once again, simultaneously PRESS AND HOLD the TV/Audio button and the “P+” button.
- Now keep on holding until the word “done” appears on the display panel. The decoder will be reset. If you are still experiencing the 8118 problem, you can try the manual upgrade.
Also See: How To Add/Remove Channels On DSTV
How To Reset DSTV After Payment Online in SA
Oh no, this only works for South Africa, after testing out the above steps, and it doesn’t work for you. Am sure, you need to go online. Here is the simple steps to reset DSTV after payment online. Just follow the below steps;
- Launch your phone / PC browser
- Go to DSTV self service portal HERE
- Scroll down to Fix error area
- In the menu drop down, ‘Select Error’ Mobile Reset
- Enter your Smartcard Number
- Enter your Surname
Note: Please remember to make sure that your Smartcard is inserted and your decoder is powered on when fixing errors using the online tool. And it is expected within a short period of time for the error to disappear. Lets say, within 2minutes or so, the error is expected to reset.
How to reset DSTV after payment online in Nigeria
Unfortunately, the above step only works for South Africa, but this works perfectly for Nigeria. After testing out the above method and it doesn’t work for you, there is this option also that allows you to reset your DSTV after payment online in Nigeria.
- Using your Smartphone / PC browser
- Go to DSTV official website Portal
- Enter your Smartcard number
- Enter the captcha text code
- And press the Fix error button
Thanks to heaven, you can now reset your DSTV after payment, you don’t have to visit any working experienced center. But after trying the above steps and nothing works out, you then have to replace your Capacitator. Probably, the capacitator is at fault.
Note: Opening the decoder and replacing the capacitator, automatically voids your warranty!
Do you have any further questions on this? Please ask below.