Windows 10 comes with a lot of features that makes unique user experience. One of such features is the screenshot features. In This post, i am going to show you the various means you can use to make a screenshot on Windows 10. It is pretty easy and straight forward. Taking a screenshot on windows 10 is what everybody can do. So, if you do not know how, we will show you here instantly.
Without wasting your time, let’s show you in simple steps how to screenshot on Windows 10.
How To Screenshot On Windows 10
We will show you 4 different methods you can use to screenshot.
Step 1: How To Screenshot on Windows 10 Full Screen
- Press Windows key + Print Screen. The Print screen is located at the far right just before the “Delete” button. However, that actually depends on your system arrangement. It has “Insert” & “Printscr” written on it.
- Now go to the Pictures library on your computer by launching Explorer (Windows key + e) and in the left pane click Pictures.
- Open the Screenshots folder here to find your screenshot saved here with the name Screenshot (NUMBER).
Step 2: How to take a screenshot of the current window only
If you just want to take a screenshot of an app or window you’ve opened, follow these steps:
- Click on the app you want to take a screenshot. Make sure it’s in the foreground and not behind other open apps.
- Press alt + Print Screen.
- Open MS Paint.
- Press ctrl + v.
- This will paste the screenshot of the open window in Paint. You can save the screenshot anywhere you like.
Step 3: How to take a screenshot of a part of the screen in Windows 10
This is where you use the Windows Snipping Tool. Follow these steps to take a screenshot of part of the screen in Windows 10:
- Open Snipping Tool. It’s under Start menu > All programs > Accessories. You can also open Start menu and simply use the search box to find it.
- Now click the down arrow next to New.
- Select Rectangular Snip or Free-form Snip. The former lets you capture a rectangular screenshot and the latter lets you draw any shape on screen and takes a screenshot of that part.
- Once you’ve done that, you can use the Snipping tool to annotate the screenshot if needed and save it to your PC.
4. How to take a screenshot via the Game Bar in Windows 10
If you want another way to take screenshots, follow these steps.
- On your Windows 10 PC, press Windows key + G.
- Click the Camera button to take a screenshot. Once you open the game bar, you can also do this via Windows + Alt + Print Screen. You’ll see a notification that describes where the screenshot is saved.
If you use any of these steps, you will have been able to learn How To Screenshot On Windows 10. Good luck!