Have you ever thought it possible to send free text messages from your computer? I am here to inform you it is very possible. It is even a lot easier than you could possibly imagine. In this guide, we will show you the simple steps on how you can do this. Once you have learnt it, it will be part and parcel of you now and always.
Sending texts from your computer is extremely useful in dozens of situations. Perhaps you lost your phone and need to send a message to someone, maybe you’re over your monthly text limit and still need to get in touch with your friends, or you may just hate typing on a tiny keyboard. Whatever the case may be, it’s easier than you might think to learn how to send a text message from a computer.
Truth be told, there are many online services you can use for this. But, some of them are not as reliable as the ones we will be listing here for you. These methods are tested and proven already.
Page Table of Contents
Learn How to Send Free Text Messages From Your Computer
Below is how you can easily send free text messages from your computer.
1. How To Send Messages From iOS & MAC
Tod do this, you will need an iMessage account. Once properly set up, you’ll be able to quickly send messages from your computer to any known number using the Messages app on your machine — and receive them in a similar fashion without ever glancing at your phone.
To set up iMessage and SMS forwarding on your iOS device,
- Navigate to the main “Settings” menu and tap “Messages.”
- Toggle on “iMessage” and ensure you’re logged into the same iCloud account as all other devices using Messages. Also, make sure all of your devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Tap “Text Message Forwarding,” toggle the switch directly right of the Apple device to which you want to send SMS messages, and then enter the six-digit confirmation code displayed on the device. Doing so will confirm that you want to send and receive messages from your iPhone on your Mac, and confirm you own the machine.
After setting it up, here is how to send the text message from it.
- Click on the pencil icon located above the contact list
- Then, enter your desired recipients.
- Compose the message as you would normally.
- However, keep in mind that the standard text message limit of 160 characters still applies even when using Messages. A text longer than 160 characters will likely count as two for billing purposes, or more depending on how long it is.
- However, you can send messages to other iOS and MacOS users for free, as long as they use Messages.
Also See: Download Dingtone Free Text And Call App
2. How To Send Text Messages Via Android Messages (For Android)
- Go to the Android Messages homepage.
- Open the Android Messages application on your phone.
- Tap on the three-dot menu icon and select “Messages for Web.”
- Tap “Scan QR code” and use your handset to scan the QR code from the Android Messages homepage.
- This will link your device and your browser, and you’ll see messages and contacts appear on your other device as they synchronize.
- Use the web interface to chat with friends and family as you would on your Android smartphone.
How To Send Messages From Windows (Cortana)
If you use an Android phone (or an old Windows Phone) and Windows 10 on your computer, you can easily send a text using Cortana. Windows 10 devotees using Cortana on their Android device can also send and receive texts in a similar manner and the latest versions even let her read them for you.
- To send a text using Cortana on the desktop, make sure the recipient is listed within the People app.
- If your chosen recipient is not listed, launch the app and click the addition sign to add said recipient to the Microsoft Account database.
- Make sure the linked Cortana app on your Android device is set to “push and receive text messages” to and from your PC.
- Start by heading into “Settings,” then “Sync notifications,” and make sure “Apps notifications sync” is switched on.
- Tap “Choose which apps to sync” and select your device’s messaging app.
Any question, or comment on how to Send Free Text Messages From Your Computer? Use the comment box now.