It is very important to be able to limit the number of time your kids spend on the internet. If you have ever struggled with restricting their time on the net, Windows 10 has a feature that allows you set screen time for your kids. This is very important because kids, if allowed, could spend the whole day on the net doing one thing or the other. You can control this.
Let’s assume you are a busy parent/s and you are not always at home with your kids due to time. And you want to allow them access to the PC just that you don’t want them spending all day online. Relax. We will show you how to set screen time for your kinds on Windows 10. We will take your hand and guide you through the processes from beginning till the end. Read on.
How To Set Screen Time For Your Kids On Windows 10
Below is everything you will need to know.
- Go to your START button, click on it and then, click on “Settings”.
- In the next opened page, select “Accounts”.
- In the sidebar at the left of the screen, select Family & other people.
- Check to ensure that you have a child account set up, if you do, click the Manage family settings online option.
- if you do not, click on “Add someone else to this PC”. Then, follow the instructions.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account, if you aren’t already signed in.
- Under your child’s name, select the Screen time option.
- From here, toggle the Use one screen time schedule if you want a single schedule to apply to both Xbox and PC screen time. If not, leave it off and toggle on the device you want to monitor.
- If toggled on, you can choose from a number of options here including a set number of hours per day (without restrictions to what times of day they are), or a specific number of hours. To do that, click Max scheduled and choose the amount of time you’re okay with.
- In the previous example, I selected one hour. Now I can choose when I’d like the child to spend that hour. First, click the timeline.
- Next, choose the time you’d like to allow and then click Add. In this case, my child would receive one hour of free time, on Sunday, and they’ll be required to use it between 9am and 12pm.
- For even more granular controls, you can play around with the Add time to multiple days option at the bottom of the page.
Do you have any question on how to set screen time for your kids on Windows 10? If you do, we are here to answer you immediately.