One of the best way to protect your account is to set up the Facebook two factor authentication. Since lots of persons are complaining about having their accounts hacked, it is very important for your to protect your account the best way you can. And this is one of the best ways to do that. So, we will guide you through the process. But, before that, let’s see what it is.
What is Facebook two factor authentication?
Two-factor authentication is a security feature that helps protect your Facebook account in addition to your password. If you set up two-factor authentication, you’ll be asked to enter a special login code or confirm your login attempt each time someone tries accessing Facebook from a computer or mobile device we don’t recognize. You can also get alerts when someone tries logging in from a computer we don’t recognize.
What this means is that, you will have to use your password and a special code to log into your account. This code will be sent to your mobile phone number whenever any authorized person tries to log into your account.
If you really want to secure your account, then, you MUST consider using this approach as only you can authorize anyone who wants to log into your account.
How To Setup Facebook Two Factor Authentication
Now, we have seen what the two factor authentication is, let’s see how you can easily set it up from anywhere you are.
- Log into Facebook on your computer.The quickest way to enable this extra security is by logging into your Facebook account on a computer.
- Open the Settings menu.Click the ▼ in the bar at the top of the page and select “Settings”.
- Select the Security option in the left menu.This will open the Security Settings page.
- Click the Edit button next to the “Use two-factor authentication” option. This will open the two-factor authentication Window.
- Click on the Get Started. This will begin the setup process for two-factor Authentication. Chose a verification method. You can chose between a reviving a code via a text message or an authentication app.
- Text messages are easier to use than authentication apps, but they are less secure.
- Authentication apps are more secure, but they are harder to use than text messages.
- If you use an authenticator app, you can get codes from it even if you don’t have a cell signal, but if you use text messages, then you need to have cell service in order to receive the code.
- No matter which option you chose, both are more secure than having a password alone.
- So, you will receive a special code from Facebook ANYTIME any authorized person or source tries to log into your account.
In a situation whereby you used your phone to access your Facebook account and you approved your device, anybody who picks your phone can log into your account without needing the two factor authentication. So, ensure you give your phone to only trusted persons. Or, alternatively, ensure your phone is always protected to avoid 3rd party usage.
Now you have seen how you can protect your account by using the Facebook two factor authentication.
Got a question? Ask below!