If you are reading this manual on how to stop Whatsapp automatic download of images and videos, one thing is certain: you are already fed up with it. It is often very annoying when your device (phone, iPad, iPhone, tablet etc) automatically downloads videos and images you wouldn’t download intentionally. This is often must annoying when you do not have sufficient data plan to carry you through. If you have been in this, we can help you through.
More importantly, if you are in different Whatsapp groups, you will agree there is a high need to know how to stop Whatsapp automatic download of images and videos. This is because, anybody can post any video or image without censorship. As such, protecting yourself against this “menace”, is to your benefit. Why not we go straight to business?
Also See: How To Do Whatsapp Video Calling
How To Stop Whatsapp Automatic Download Of Images And Videos
To stop your device from automatically downloading photos and videos, you must re arrange the settings of your phone. To do so, here are the steps to follow through.
- Open your Whatsapp Account on your device
- Click on the menu or options sign. This is a vertical ellipsis sign to the far right of your whatsapp account. See image below.
- Click on “Settings’.
- Next, click on “Data Usage”.
- Three options will appear. They are: (a) When using mobile data. (b) When connected on Wi-fi. And (c) When roaming.
- If you are using mobile data, click on it. They would be 4 options Photos, Audio, Videos and Documents. Remove all the “good” symbols from the ones you want.
- Finally, click on “OK”.
- You can also use the same process on the When connected on Wi-fi and When roaming
Also See: How To Use Whatsapp Without Phone Number; Top Whatsapp Frequently Asked Questions And Answers
Once the above steps are followed, you must have stopped your device from automatically downloading any photo, video, image or documents.
If this is helpful, we would be glad you share it with friends and family that would need this as well. Your comments, questions and contributions are welcomed using the comment box.