You may be asking or thinking “Why would I even want to update my Google Chrome browser?”. If this is you, relax and learn. One of the reasons for having your apps and software up to date is for security reasons. I hope this is enough. But, if it isn’t, it is also important for you to read the next line.
Having your apps and software updated ensures you get the latest upgrades done on the apps. Most app and software developers are always working really hard to improve on different areas of their app where they have issues. Usually, the end-users like me and you, give reviews and feedback. They go to work on these reviews and come back with better products.
Also See: How To Change Language In Google Chrome
Well, this isn’t necessarily to convince you to update your app. This blog post is all about the steps and the processes involved. Stay with me as I show you how to update your Google Chrome browser.
How To Update Your Google Chrome
You may be using your Google Chrome browser on a PC on in your mobile device. Whatever you are using, we will show you how you can handle both easily. stay with me.
Update Chrome On PC
To update Chrome on your PC, here is what you need to do.
- Launch your Google Chrome browser.
- When it opens, click on the 3 vertical dots to the far right.
- Then, on the opened page, click on “settings”.
- This will take you to a new page entirely. To the far left, you will still see “settings” and the hamburger menu option. Click on it.
- To the bottom, click on “About Chrome”.
- If your Chrome browser is up to date, “Google Chrome is up to date” will be displayed. If not, you will be prompted to update the browser.
- Follow their guidelines and then update it.
- When you are done, restart your system and start enjoying it again.
Update Chrome On Mobile
You can also update your chrome browser on your mobile phone. Normally, your mobile apps are set on auto-update. Chances are that they are updated. But, you can still use this guide here to check if it’s updated or not and then, do the needful.
On Android Phones
- Open your device’s play store.
- Then, locate the “My apps and games”. Once opened, you will see the full list of apps that need to be updated.
- if the chrome is among them, click on it and update it.
- It is that simple.
- Launch your App store.
- When it opens, click on “Updates”.
- You will see the apps that need to be updated, just like above. then update it.
To update your google chrome browser doesn’t take much work. Chances are that they are updated automatically. If they aren’t, you now have the guide with you here.