FaceTime is a great app that allows you do lots of things including video calls and voice calls. The great thing about FaceTime is that you don’t need to do anything special to set it up. The FaceTime app is already installed on your iPad, and because it works through your Apple ID, you are ready to place and receive phone calls at any time.This is a guide that will show you the comprehensive how to use FaceTime on iPhone, iPad or even iPod touch.
Before we show you how to use FacTime, you need to know the following. FaceTime works through Apple devices like the iPhone, iPad, and Mac, you can only call friends and family that have one of these devices. But the great part is that they don’t need to own an actual iPhone to receive calls. You can place a call to their iPad or Mac using the email address stored in their contact information. So, let’s move on.
Page Table of Contents
How To Use FaceTime
you can use the FaceTime app to make voice calls as well as video calls. However, you need to set it up before using. Here are the guidelines to do just that.
How To Turn on FaceTime
Here is the guide to turn on FaceTime.
- Open the FaceTime app and sign in with your Apple ID.
- You can also do this from Settings, then, FaceTime.
If you’re using an iPhone, FaceTime automatically registers your phone number. To also register your email address on your iPhone,
- Go to Settings
- Next, go to FaceTime
- From there, use your Apple ID for FaceTime, and sign in with your Apple ID.
If you’re using an iPad or iPod touch, register your email address by
- Tapping Settings
- Then, go to FaceTime
- Use your Apple ID for FaceTime, and sign in with your Apple ID.
How To Make FaceTime Calls
To make a FaceTime call, you need the person’s phone number or registered email address. There are a few ways to make a FaceTime call:
- In the FaceTime app, tap the plus sign and type the person’s phone number or email address. Tap the number or address, then tap Audio or Video .
- If you have the person’s phone number or email address saved in your Contacts, you can begin typing their name and tap the name when it appears. Then tap Audio or Video .
- You can also begin a FaceTime video call from your iPhone during a phone call. Tap the FaceTime icon in the Phone app to switch to FaceTime.
Use FaceTime Audio with Call Waiting
When another call comes in — either a phone call or another FaceTime audio call — you can choose one of these options:
- End the current call and accept the incoming call.
- Accept the incoming call and put the current call on hold.
- Decline the incoming call.
How To Use your Memoji in FaceTime
On an iPhone X or later, or iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation), you can create a Memoji to match your personality and mood, then use the Memoji during a FaceTime video call:
- Open FaceTime and make a call.
- When the call starts, tap the effects button .
- Tap the Memoji that you want to use.
- Continue your FaceTime call with your customized Memoji, or tap the X button to continue without a Memoji or go back to the FaceTime menu.
To change your Animoji or Memoji, or to remove it during a FaceTime call, repeat steps 2–4.