iMessage, without doubt, is one of the most popular features of iOS. With the latest updates, it becomes even better and more useful. People use iMessage on all their iOS devices, like iPhones and iPads. It also has support for Mac computers, which makes this multi-platform communication tool really handy. But what you that have Windows PCs in your home, and especially at work? How can you use iMessage on windows with difficulties?
There are some hacks and tweaks that will allow you to get and use iMessage on windows at any given time. We will be outlining them here for you so you can easily follow our guidelines step by step.
How iMessage Works?
Apple released iMessage back in 2012. It was a stock app in the Mountain Lion (Mac OS 10.0). From that time onwards, this Apple’s Messages app allows you pick up conversations on your Mac where you left off on your iPad, iPhone, and iPad touch. The best thing about iMessage is that it is completely free, and it works with anyone who has an activated iMessage account on its iDevices and Macs.
1. Use Chrome Remote Desktop
- You should have a Mac with iMessage and a Windows PC, to start off with.
- Next, you need to download Chrome and Chrome Remote Desktop on both of your computers. Here is the official download page.
- When the installation process of the application is completed, click to launch.
- Download Chrome Remote Desktop Host Installer separately just on the Mac computer.
- After the completion of the download, install it the same.
- Chrome Remote Desktop allows access to another computer’s apps and files securely via the Chrome browser or Chrome book. So connect the two computers through the security code and enjoy the iMessage on your Windows PC.
2. Jailbreak your iPhone
What Jailbreaking Means?
Jailbreaking is a process of replacing your actual iOS version with a new edited operating system that provides more flexibility than the stock one. It allows you to change the look and feel of your iDevice. Having a jailbroken device means that you have access to many custom add-ons, tweaks, and apps that are not available in Apple’s official App Store. With the process of jailbreaking, iOS gets many customization features characteristic for Android.
So, how do you go about Jailbraking your device?
- Start by installing the software called Cydia. Cydia is a directory of applications that become usable because of your jail broken iOS device.
- Next, you will spend $4 to get an app called Remote Messages in Cydia to set up a web based interface. You will be able to connect to this web based interface using your iPhone’s IP address found on the browser, following “:333”.
- Although the steps may sound complicated and the software might not work for the latest iOS version – iOS 12, the app explains everything to you and it becomes easy for lots of users to remotely access iMessages from Windows computer.
3. Use a Free Emulator
- Visit ipadian2.com and download the free emulator available there.
- Then install the file with extension .exe on your PC.
- Run the emulator.
- Continue by accepting the terms and conditions.
- After the successful completion of the installation process, launch the iPadian software on your PC.
- Search for iMessage in the search bar.
- Lastly, download the Apple messenger app and launch it.
- Then you can access iMessage on PC!
Have you seen how you can easily Use iMessage On Windows? Are you still confused or have questions to ask? Use the comment box below and we shall attend to them immediately.