Lately, there has been a huge circulation of fake NYSC certificates. Many have been manufacturing fake certificates: such as certificate of exemption, discharge certificate as well as Letter of Exclusion. They go on to use these certificates for official purposes. As a result, the National Youth Service Commission (NYSC) has introduced a means of checking fake certificates towards curbing the menace. Let us look at how to verify NYSC Certificate of National service.
It is very important to know how to verify NYSC certificate of national service. This knowledge will go a long way in curbing the spread of fake certificates as well as encouraging the act and habits of integrity. It is therefore necessary that these guidelines are followed through. Let us go on!
How To Verify NYSC Certificate Of National Service
The following steps can be used to verify NYSC certificate of National Service.
- Write a letter of request to the “Director-General,
National Youth Service Corps, Directorate Headquarters,
Plot 416, Tigris Crescent, Maitama, Abuja.
- The letter should be marked “Attention: Director (Corps Certification)”
- Make photocopies of the Certificate(s) you want to verify, serially numbered with your marker or pen and attach them to the letter. Remember it could be any of the following certificates (Certificate of National Service, Certificate of Exemption or Letter of Exclusion)
- Please note that these are the Certificates produced by the National Youth Service Corps: (a) Certificate of National Service (b) Certificate of Exemption and, (c) Letter of Exclusion
- Afterwards, submit your letter at the Director-General’s Registry on the sixth (6th) floor of the complex, that is, Yakubu Gowon House – NYSC NDHQ and await your reply.
Note: The following information should be conspicuously stated: (a) Your e-mail address (b) Telephone number (c) Finally, your traceable contact address on your letter to us.
Do you have any question on how to verify NYSC certificate of national service? Make use of the comment box below and share your thoughts with us. Thanks.