iCloud is a cloud storage service provided by Apple that allows you to store, backup, and sync all your data such as emails, documents, contacts, notes, photos, and more across all your devices. The utility doesn’t end there, it also allows you to share all kinds of stuff like music, photos, and games instantly by taking advantage of Apple’s AirDrop ad-hoc service.
So for you to be able to start using the iCloud storage and protection you have to sign up or login to your iCloud account and the guide is listed below.
How to Create New iCloud Account – iCloud Sign up
- To start creating your new icloud account visit https://www.icloud.com/
- Click on the “No Apple ID? Create yours now” (below the icloud login form.
- Fill the form and click continue and follow other steps
see the image blow to see how the signup Apple ID form looks like;
Good to know that once you create this account, One Apple ID is all you need to access all Apple services.
iCloud Account Sign in – How to Login iCloud account
Once you create your account or you already have an Apple ID before now but you want to login to your icloud account, use the steps below to do so.
- Visit https://www.icloud.com/.
- Enter your Apple ID in the “Apple ID” field located in the center of the page.
- Now type in your password in the Password text box.
- And then click on the arrow button pointing to the right. (See image below)
Importance of iCloud Account
With your iCloud account you will have access to important information such as your mail inbox and calendar in your phone and on your desktop/laptop all the time, and when you delete an email, update, edit, or add information within any application, document, or content, iCloud automatically makes the changes on all your iOS devices.
How to Check if an iPhone or iPad iCloud Lock is Active
Before any one transfers owership of an iPhone, iPad or iPod you and the person have to check instantly if the Activation lock of the divice in question has been disabled and ready for the new user to use.
Below is how to check your device status if its lock or not:
- visit https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/
- Now fill the form before you – it requires you to enter your Phone IMEI or Phone Serial number
- then enter the image code you also see
- Click on “Continue” to show you the status of the phone
How to Set Up iCloud Account
But you have to understand that after creating your iCloud account through a computer (either PC or Mac), you can only access your icloud on www.iCloud.com since when you get a new iPhone or iPad or other iOS devices then set it up with your Apple ID the system takes care of syncing and backing up for you.