A CBT centre simply means a “Computer Based Test” centre. The Jamb accredited CBT centres are the centres who are recognised by Jamb to conduct Jamb exams for jamb candidates. As a result, many individuals and organisations have been scampering to become one of the jamb accredited centres. We are here to show you How To Own A Jamb Accredited CBT Centre should you be considering having your own centre.
Before you can own a CBT centre, there are certain criteria and requirements you must meet up with. These criteria are to ensure that your proposed centre meets up with the minimum requirement capable of conducting Jamb exams for Jamb candidates. We shall outline these requirements below. It is expected that you have these in place before you seek out Jamb’s accreditation of your centre.
Page Table of Contents
Jamb’s Requirements For A CBT Centre
- 250 functional Desktop Computer systems or laptops with 10% (i.e 25) backups.
- Provision of individual cubicle with minimum length of 26 inches, breadth of 18 inches and height of 18 inches and appropriate seat for each system.
- Minimum 15 inches flat screen Computer monitor for desktop or 17 inches for laptop.
- The computer systems must be connected to a robust computer server with a capacity to carry 250 systems concurrently.
- All the computer systems must be linked together on Cable Local Area Network topology (LAN). (Wireless Computer connection is not allowed).
- Adequate security and minimum of five (5) technical personnel and one network engineer
- Availability of back-up power supply (power generating set of minimum 40kva for a centre with 250 systems; 60 kva for 350 systems and 100kva for above 350 systems) and UPS/inverters that can carry all systems for a minimum of two (2) hours.
- The centre must be adequately fenced.
- Provision must be made for a holding room or reception facility e.g canopy with chairs, etc.
- The centre must not be in shared premises such as cinema hall, shopping mall, market, etc.
- Availability of adequate and functional air-conditioners and lighting.
- Provision of up to date Antivirus and all the systems must be virus free.
- Minimum of Windows 7 or higher version of windows operating system.
- IP Camera (CCTV) is compulsory for all CBT centers (Specification to be given by JAMB).
How To Own A Jamb Accredited CBT Centre
After meeting up with the above requirements, the prospective owner should visit any nearby Jamb centre in his/her locality. They would come and inspect your centre and accredit you provided they are satisfied with your facility.