The 2017 universities admission will follow a new outlines and guidelines as stated by JAMB. This process will be the guideline for admissions this year and beyond. We will explain the Jamb New Policy For Admission 2017/18 below. All you need is to read them and see the roles you need to play and when you need to. Failure to do so comes with consequences.
The Jamb New Policy For Admission 2017/18 is to ensure uniformity in university admissions in Nigeria. There is a place for the candidates and also for the school authorities. So, each candidate need to know what to do at a time and do so. That is why you must follow these easily. The part that contains where the student has a role to play will be written in bold. Take note.
Jamb New Policy For Admission 2017/18 – JAMB Admission Guidelines 2017
- After successful completion of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and
release of results, lists of Candidates were forwarded to their First Choice Institutions
- JAMB thereafter requested all Institutions to use the Lists to determine their respective Cut off
Marks and forward same to JAMB ahead of the Policy Meeting and programme (course).
- JAMB received and collated Individual Institution and programme (course) Cut Off Marks as
determined by their respective Senate / Academic Board
- Three (3) Representatives of Institutions- (Vice Chancellors / Registrars / Provosts), Registrars
and Admissions Desk Officers were trained on the Central Admissions Processing System
- Policy Meeting was held with Heads of Tertiary Institution and Regulators to determine, among others, the General Cut Off Marks for categories of institutions, based on earlier submissions of individual Cut Off marks by the Institutions.
- Based on requests at the Policy Meeting, JAMB requires each Institution to reconfirm its Cut Off Marks and Sets the Cut Off Mark and other Institution specific parameters such as other Admissions Criteria (e.g. Post UTME Screening) and carrying capacity on CAPS.This is on going.
- Institutions download (from CAPS) details of Candidates that meet the Institution’s and programme’s Cut Off Mark and had selected them as First Choice Institutions. JAMB additionally provides softcopy of the same information on CDs to Institutions
- Awaiting Results Candidates upload their results to JAMB Portal
- Institutions may conduct Post UTME Screenings for downloaded candidates
- Results of Post UTME where applicable are uploaded to CAPS to obtain aggregate scores for the candidates
- CAPS ranks and suggests candidates that meet the Institution’s Admissions Criteria as configured on the system by the Institution.
- The Admissions Desk Officer of the Institution reviews the List of the Suggested Candidates and makes the decision as to which candidates to select for further processing. The Admissions Desk Officer generates a List of Proposed Candidates for review and approval of the Head of the Institution
- The Head of the Institution reviews the List of Proposed Candidates as appropriates and push the List of Recommended Candidates to JAMB
- The JAMB (Admission Officer) reviews the Recommended Candidates to confirm they are from those initially sent to the Institution; met the Admissions Criteria as advertised in the brochure and as set on CAPS by the Institution, including upload of and confirm that no qualified candidate has been unjustly denied Admission. No candidate will be considered without the upload of his/her O’Level and/or A’ Level results.
- JAMB generates a List of Provisional Admissions
- JAMB notifies Candidates to Accept / Reject Admission
- Candidate Accepts / Rejects Admission on the JAMB Portal or through USSD or Short Service Code within 72hours.
- If Candidate Accepts Provisional Admission, JAMB updates Admission Status and forwards List of Confirmed Admissions to the Institution
- Candidate prints Admission Letter and Proceeds to the Institution for further internal Admission Processing
- If Candidate Rejects Admission, s/he becomes available in the Market Place for further possible consideration for Admissions.
So, the listed points above is what is called the Jamb New Policy For Admission 2017/18 – JAMB Admission Guidelines 2017. If you have any question to ask, please use the comment box below. We are here to serve you better. Thank you.