In a bid to curb the fraudulent activities in the UTME 2017, Jamb Releases New Guidelines For CBT Centres. The new Guideline is an operational framework given to existing and intending CBT centres across the nation. It entails the detailed requirement that must be put in place before the centre can conduct a CBT exam for Jamb candidates in the country. This is certainly a step in the right direction.
In the world of changing technology even in the educational sector, the use of computer based testing as a preferred method of evaluating students is now a key part of the Nigerian educational system. So as Jamb Releases New Guidelines For CBT Centres, it must be commended by all. It is therefore a necessity of everyone to put heads together and ensure this is realised. It would bring credibility into the educational system.
Page Table of Contents
The New Guidelines For CBT Centres
- Minimum 15 inches flat screen computer monitor for desktop or 17 inches for laptop.
- The computer systems must be connected to a robust computer server with a capacity to carry 250 systems concurrently.
- All the computer systems must be linked together on cable local area network topology ( lan ) . ( wireless computer connection is not allowed).
- Adequate security and minimum of five ( 5) technical personnel and one network engineer availability of back -up power supply ( power generating set of minimum 40kva for a centre with 250 systems; 60 kva for 350 systems and 100kva for above 350 systems) and ups / inverters that can carry all systems for a minimum of two ( 2) hours.
- The centre must be adequately fenced .
- Provision must be made for a holding room or reception facility e.g canopy with chairs , etc .
- The centre must not be in shared premises such as cinema hall, shopping mall , market , etc .
- Availability of adequate and functional air – conditioners and lighting.
- Provision of up to date antivirus and all the systems must be virus free.
- Minimum of windows 7 or higher version of windows operating system.
- Ip camera (CCTV) is compulsory for all CBT centers (specification to be given by jamb ) .
Note: the above guidelines is for both existing and intending CBT Centre owners. Nigerians must support this idea so that it can thrive and promote the integrity of Nigerian education. Thank you for visiting us today.