To join Nigerian Army as a graduate is the expectation of many Nigerian graduates. However, not many persons are aware of the processes involved. To join the Nigerian Army, there are different stages and processes involved that one must be engaged in. So, in this guideline, we will show you how you can join Nigerian Army as a graduate. We will also show you the DSSC requirements for joining Nigerian Army.
The Nigerian Army is part of the Nigerian Armed Forces. In fact, it is the largest of the Armed Forces of Nigeria. It is awarded the maximum respect by other military agencies as well as by Nigerians. They undergo a lot of training that make them to stand out amongst the other military agencies.
So, in no long time, we will outline every processes and requirements for joining Nigerian Army so you can know if you are to apply or not.
The following will be discussed or answered at the end of this tutorial.
How To Join Nigerian Army
Requirements for Joining Nigerian Army
Nigerian Army Recruitment Application
DSSC Recruitment Requirements
Nigerian Army DSSC Requirements
Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Application Form
How To Join Nigerian Army As A Graduate
There are two different ways you can use to join the Nigerian Army.
- Through the Nigeria Defence Academic program, and
- Through the Direct Short Service Commission.
Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission
To join the Nigerian Army as a graduate, you will have to apply for the Nigerian Army DSSC. This is a 6 months program or training designed by the Nigerian Army to take in some combatant and able men who finished from The Higher institutions either University or Polytechnic. So, every graduate who wishes to join the Nigerian Army applies through the DSSC.
Annually, the Nigerian Army releases the DSSC application form. So, anyone who has interest in joining the Nigerian Army can apply through this means.
DSSC Requirements For Joining Nigerian Army
Below are the DSSC requirements for joining Nigerian Army. The applicant must
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be between the Age of 22 and 28 Years.
- Must be medically and physically fit.
- Measure not less than 1.68m (Male),1.65m(female)
- Must not have been convicted by any Court of Law,.
- Possess a minimum of not less than second class lower division from a recognized university or HND from a recognized polytechnic and not less than lower credit.
- Applicant must for the Armed Forces must have completed their NYSC Scheme or provide a letter of exemption.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by A hospital Court or National population commission.
- Possess a certificate of State of Origin.
- You must be recommended by at least two recognized referees who must attest to the applicants character and Integrity.
How To Apply Nigerian Army Recruitment
Like we pointed out above, the application portal is opened annually for applications. The application portal is http://nigerianarmy.ml. All application processes and requirements are stated on the website. So, follow the guidelines and apply.
- The applicants are invited to sit for an aptitude test exams.
- furthermore, the successful candidates are shortlisted and invited for screening. This screening involves physical, mental and health screening.
- Finally, the successful candidates will be enlisted for recruitment
If you have been looking for the guide on How To Join Nigerian Army As A Graduate, then, you have them at your beck and call. If you have any question or comment, use the comment box below and we shall attend to you.