I know that many using window 8 do not know how to work on their computer. And one of the major problem is how to burn a cd or dvd on windows 8. You can now learn it once and for all by following the guide line below.
Do you know that Windows 8 allows users to burn CDs or DVDs without installing any third-party optical media burning application?
First of all in order to burn CD or DVD, the computer must have a physical optical media burner properly installed in the computer, and the appropriate device driver for the hardware must be installed as well. Once these prerequisites are met, burning an optical media using Windows 8 built-in burning feature is easy!
Now the Question is “How Do I Burn a CD or DVD in Windows 8”?
Follow the step-by-step instructions given below to learn how to burn a CD or DVD on Windows 8:
- Log on to a Windows 8 computer with the administrator or standard user account.
- Make sure that a blank CD or DVD is inserted into the CD/DVD optical media drive.
- Click the Desktop tile from the Start screen to go to the desktop.
- Once on the desktop screen, click File Explorer icon from the taskbar.
- On the opened Libraries window, click Computer from the left pane.
- On the Computer window, under Devices with Removable Storage category, double-click the optical media drive on which a blank CD or DVD is inserted.
- On the displayed Burn a Disc box, type the appropriate title for the disc in Disc title field.
- Click to select With a CD/DVD player radio button, and click Next.
- On the opened window, copy the desired contents from the hard disk that are to be added, and paste them to the blank CD/DVD window.
- Once added, right-click on the white area.
- From the displayed context menu, click Burn to Disc.
- On the opened Burn to Disc box, select the appropriate burning speed from the Recording speed drop-down list.
- Once done, click Next to start the burning process.
- Click Finish when done.
I believe that with the above step-by-step instructions you now understand how to burn a cd or dvd on windows 8.
If this article was useful to you, I appreciate if you drop a comment below.