It is important for you to check your Voter Status, if you are yet to do so. For that reason We have created this article for individual to Learn How to Check your Voter Status Online or offline.
There are two methods to Check your Voter Status, which will be explained below. All that you are reqired to do now is follow the instruction below:
Method 1 on How to Check your Voter Status (Online)
INEC has provided a Voter Status Verification System on her Official website where you can know the status of your PVC in 4 straightforward steps.
- Go to INEC Official website by Clicking here
- Select your State of registration (where you initially enlisted in 2011).
- Enter your Last Name (Surname).
- Enter the last 5 digits of your VIN as portrayed in the picture underneath.
- Click the Check Status button as portrayed in the picture underneath:
Wait a little while just as your voter status will be shown right on the screen. Here is the screenshot of a Voter’s Card status already checked.
Method 2 on How to Check your Voter Status (Offline or SMS)
You can also check your voter status by sending an SMS with your State, Last name, Voter Identification Number (VIN) to
Format: State, Last name, VIN
Example: Adamawa, Ibrahim, 92855
You should receive a response within 15 minutes.
Please note that:
– Text messages are charged at the local network rates.
Please Note: If PVC distribution has ended in your state and you have not yet picked your card, you can pick up your PVC from the INEC Ward Centre of the area you registered.
If confused, use the comment box below