Nobody really likes being tracked and targetted by ads endlessly online. Well, that is me and I don’t know about you. But, for you to be reading this really means you want to know how to limit ad tracking on iPhone. To be targeted and tracked by ads ceaselessly is so annoying. You visit one site and they track you in such a way that you are so miffed and peeved. Do you have a dictionary? lol. That is about to change now.
There are different ways your data is gotten online. Most of the free apps you use, offer your data to advertisers in exchange for cool cash. That is how they earn. However, that shouldn’t really bother you. You’ve got to be able to learn the ways you can limit ad tracking on your iPhone. If you really are tired of seeing these ads, then read on.
How To Limit At Tracking On iPhone
So, here, you will be seeing different guides you can implement to stay safe and protect yourself from unsolicited data.
1. Clear All Tracked Data
This is the first step to get started. You need to clear all the data that your apps have collected while you’ve been using the phone.
- Go to settings and tap on Privacy.
- Next is to tap on advertising.
- Finally, click on “Reset Advertising Identifier”.
- Then, click on “confirm”.
2. Turn Off Location-Based Ads
Another way to limit the ads that come to you is by turning off location-based ads. Once this is done, you will stop getting bads targetted to your location.
- Go to your settings and then click on “Privacy”.
- Under the “location services”, toggle off the “Location-Based Apple ads”.
- You are done!
3. Lock Down Safari Cookies
Another very effective way to limit ad tracking on iPhone is by blocking Safari’s cookies. Here is the way to go about it.
- Go to your iPhone settings.
- Then, tap on “safari” and you will see the “Privacy & Security”.
- Then, you have to toggle on “Prevent Cross-Site Tracking & Block All Cookies”.
Please note that you won’t be able to access most sites that require cookies. If you are okay with this option, then, you are good to go.
4. Turn Off Background App Refresh
When you turn off the background app refresh, you prevent suspended apps to check for updates and new content. What this means is that apps in your iPhone won’t update automatically. It is best to turn it off.
- As usual, go to your settings.
- Then, click/tap on “General”.
- tap on “Background App refresh” and set it off.
5. Enable Limit Ad Tracking
iPhone has an inbuilt system that allows limit that ads that track you. In this way, you control or limit the range of ads that you will see. They will be unable to track you with ads based on what you search for online. Please note you will continue seeing ads but they will be greatly limited. Way to go…
- Visit your iPhone setting.
- Then, click on “Privacy”.
- In the next space, tap on “advertising”.
- You will see the option to toggle “Limit Ad Tracking”. Set it on.
- That is set.
You have been equipped with 5 different guides on how to limit ad tracking on iPhone. Let it be known that this won’t stop you from seeing ads on your device. It won’t stop. However, it will go a long way to limit the number of unsolicited ads that come to your iPhone.
Got questions? Ask!