It is widely known that Malaysia is one of the best country in the world. It has high tourism value and is so developed that almost no one would not want to stay there. Also, it is a combination of 11 states and 2 federal territories. The country is adorned with natural beauty, scenic attractions and a lot of friendly people. If you want to visit Dubai, then, this is the full guide on Malaysian Visa application.
Before you can successfully apply for the Malaysian Visa, you will need to know the cost of application, the requirements, the procedures and every other thing you may want to know. In this guide, you will be equipped with all necessary information and details you will need to effectively carry out this process.
So, if you are ready, we are. Shall we?
Page Table of Contents
Malaysian Visa Application Guide
So, let us look at all that it takes to apply Malaysian visa easily starting from the requirements.
Requirements For Malaysian Visa
Please note that this is not ALL the requirements. What you will be required to bring will be determined by the type of visa you are applying for. But then, for whatever type of Visa you want, you will have to fulfill these general requirements below. The following are the general requirements for a Malaysian Visa:
- Original and two (2) copies of the approval letter from the Department of Immigration Malaysia.
- A valid Nigerian passport – valid for 6 months. It should have at least two (2) free pages for visa stickers.
- Two (2) copies of duly filled Malaysian visa application form – Form IMM.47
- Two (2) passport-sized photographs
- Visa application fee receipt
- Finally, valid and confirmed return flight ticket.
Types Of Malaysian Visa
There are many types of Malaysian visa. But, they are generally classified under these two major headings.
- Visa Without Reference (VWTR)
- Visa With Reference (VWR)
The Visa Without Reference (VWTR)
The visa without reference is a type of Malaysian visa issued to persons who intend to visit Malaysia to study, visit a family relative, go through Malaysia to another country, or just take a tour. It is the most popular category of visas. The visas in this category include
- Study visas,
- Transit visas,
- Family visas, and
- Tourist visas.
Documents for student visa applicants Include:
- Offer letter from your chosen educational institution approved by the pass & permit division in the Immigration Headquarters of Malaysia.
- Proof of full-time course of study approved by the Minister of Home Affairs
- Also, Health Certificate
- An original and clear copy of the highest obtained educational qualification certificate.
- Eligibility Letter from the Ministry of Education of Nigeria.
The Visa With Reference (VWR)
The VWR, granted to only persons with business-related intentions, investors, and entrepreneurs.
The visa is issued only by the Immigration Department of Malaysia. Unfortunately, at this time this visa is not available for Nigerians.
How To Apply Malaysian Visa
The process of applying for the Malaysian Visa is a long process. But, they are classified under the following steps.
- Obtain the visa application from the Malaysian embassy in Nigeria.
- Fill the form, pay the application fees and submit your Malaysian visa application for processing.
- Finally, follow all instructions you will be asked until your application is out.
Location of Malaysia Embassy in Nigeria
Address: No. 4A, Plot 2232 B, Rio Negro Close, off Yedseram Street. Maitama, Abuja
Telephone: +234-9-780 9379
Malaysian Visa Application FAQs
Below are some of the commonly asked questions and their answers for you.
1. Where to Get a Malaysia Visa Application Form
The normal Malaysia visa application forms can be downloaded from the embassy website and filled manually, and the e-visa form should be filled and submitted online.
2. How and Where to Pay Malaysia Visa Fees
Malaysia visa fees paid at the Visa application center with cash or via debit cards. Also, It is important to note that the visa processing fee is non-refundable.
3. How long does it take to get a Malaysian Visa
The Malaysia visa processing time is usually between 4 to 6 working days from the day of submission.
4. Malaysian Visa Collection
You can collect your Malaysian visa at the visa application center from 8 am to 3 pm, Monday – Friday except on public holidays. You are also required to come along with your original receipt that was issued at the time of submission of the visa application.
Finally, if you have any question on how you can apply for the Malaysian Visa, then use the comment box below and we shall get to you. Also, remember to share this.