Normally, your windows 10 is set to automatically update in the background. This is because the functionality and effectiveness of the windows 10 are greatly affected by the apps and tools on the PC or laptop. This makes it necessary for the updates to coolly occur in the background. However, if you really want to be in charge of how it updates, you can learn how to manually update windows 10 by yourself.
Just like we have already pointed out above, Windows 10 typically updates itself in the background during inactive hours, but there are situations demanding your immediate attention. Each manufacturer has its own set of updates you need to keep current that are separate from Windows 10. These updates typically include Bluetooth, storage, touchpad, audio, Wi-Fi and other necessary drivers provided through special desktop programs installed by manufacturers. These programs are typically shown on the taskbar and/or listed on the Start Menu.
How To Manually Update Windows 10
Normally, the Windows 10 is set to auto-update itself. You can leave this that way. As a matter of fact, it is highly recommended. However, if you still want to learn how you can update Windows 10 manually, then, continue reading this. First, let’s see how to disable the automatic update.
How To Disable Windows 10 Auto-Update
- The first step is to open your windows search menu and type”gpedit.msc”
- You will see “Edit group policy”. Click on it.
- In the next opened window, you need to follow this step by clicking on them: Computer Configuration, then, Administrative Templates, next, Windows Components and finally, Windows Update
- Then, double-click on “Configure Automatic Updates”.
- Usually, this is enabled. So you have to click on “Disabled” to disable this auto-update..
- Once you are done, click on “Apply”
- Finally, click the “OK” button.
- Congratulations. You now have the total control of how your Windows 10 updates.
What we have just done now is to disable the automatic update option. This means you now have the total control over how you can manually update your windows 10. The next guideline below we show you how to update windows 10 manually.
Update Windows 10 Manually
Are you set? Read on then!
- First, open the “settings” of your computer/laptop/PC.
- Then, look for and click on “Update & Security”.
- A new window will be opened for you.
- Then, click on “Check for updates”.
- Allow it some time to check for the available updates.
- If there is any update that needs to be made (this includes for the windows 10), you will be showing the available updates that are required.
- Afterwards, restart your system if you updated anything.
So, do you have any questions on the guide on how you can update your windows 10 manually?