MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program Application And Requirements | University Of Edinburgh – The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh provides full scholarships and transformative leadership training to educate and support bright, young African students with a deep, personal commitment to changing the world around them. In partnership with the Mastercard Foundation, the University of Edinburgh will provide 200 full postgraduate and undergraduate scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
On top of the scholarship, the Scholars Program facilitates transformative leadership programming to inspire and support Scholars in making change change in their communities and countries on their return home. All those who are interested in applying for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program Application must have to be aware of the qualification requirements and how to apply.
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program Application And Requirements
Here are the criteria to be met before application.
Eligibility/Criteria For The Scholarship
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- You must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh. We prefer that applicants apply to this scholarship BEFORE applying to the University.
- You must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country, whose personal circumstances would make accepting an offer from the University of Edinburgh difficult. Applications from Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zimbabwe are particularly welcome;
- You must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within your community; and
- You are able to present economically disadvantaged circumstances and be able to show that you lack financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary (university) education in your home country or elsewhere.
Postgraduate masters Scholars will:
- Complete six courses followed by the production of a dissertation;
- Participate in a retreat designed to nurture leadership skills;
- Attend a short Summer School; and
- Undertake an internship which will include reflective learning.
Online distance Masters Scholars will:
- Undertake a range of online distance Masters degrees which will be available to 60 Scholars from Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program institutions.
- The scholarship is not available to students already on the programme.
- The scholarship may be terminated at any time when an unsatisfactory progress report is received from the School or if the scholarship holder ceases to be registered as a full-time student at the University of Edinburgh.
Eligible Field Of Study
The scholarships are available for pursuing the Bachelors and Masters programs in the fields of
- All Undergraduate programmes
And the following Postgraduate Masters programmes:
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Environment and Development
- LLM Human Rights
- MSc Global Health Policy
- MA Product Design
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
MasterCard International Scholarships Benefits
The scholarship will provide full scholarships, including accommodation costs, living costs, travel and tuition fees to students taking courses on campus at Edinburgh.
60 Scholars from other MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program institutions will also benefit from participating in a number of online distance learning Masters programmes offered by the University of Edinburgh.
As well as receiving an excellent education at one of the top ranked universities in the world, undergraduate Scholars will:
- Participate in UK and Africa based Summer Schools;
- Complete a course on African development;
- Engage in a volunteering project in their home country;
- Undertake a work-based placement in the UK;
- Receive support on their return to their home country; and
- Following their graduation, around 50% of our undergraduate Scholars will then be supported to complete distance learning Masters degrees after their return to Africa.
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program Application
Application has been made very easy and can be done online. Therefore, all applicants must apply for the scholarship first through our online application form and, if successful, will be assisted in the process of applying for admission to the University. The guideline will be made available when the next application opens up.
Please note that application for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program Application usually opens around early October.