We are delighted to announce to you that the MEST Africa Entrepreneurial Training Program 2019 has commenced. You can now proceed online to submit your applications. Before then, let’s tell you about the MEST team. MEST offers aspiring entrepreneurs a fully sponsored, intensive 12 month training program. Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) are sourced from top graduates in Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa and Cote d’Ivoire.
MEST stands for Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology. MEST was developed in Accra, Ghana in 2008, by Jorn Lyseggen, CEO of the Meltwater Group. Furthermore, MEST offers graduate-level entrepreneurial training in business, communications and software development, including extensive hands-on project work, culminating in a Final Pitch and the chance to receive seed funding.
Furthermore, The MEST program provides rigorous entrepreneurial training and extensive hands-on project work, designed to ensure EITs master industry-proven methodologies for developing startups. This coursework is supplemented by a series of guest lectures, featuring the experiences and insights of internationally-recognized executives and successful entrepreneurs.
MEST Africa Entrepreneurial Training Program 2019
There are lots of things you will need to know about the MEST Africa Entrepreneurial Training Program 2019. Let’s look at them below.
- Recruitment locations: Final recruitment takes place in Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa and Cote d’Ivoire.
- Honesty is the best policy: All participants must provide personal information that is true and accurate.
- 100% Commitment: Accepted candidates must be able to commit to spending a year in Accra, Ghana at the MEST training program starting August.
- Fully funded program: The MEST program is fully funded, including free tuition, room and board, 3 meals per day and a small monthly stipend.
- A deep passion for starting a software company
- Entrepreneurial or corporate work experience
- A degree from a top University or Technical College (or equivalent experience)
- Application Period: Applications open in the 3rd Quarter of each year and close in March the following year
- Invitation: Qualified applicants will receive an invitation for a telephone interview with a member of the MEST team.
- Screening: Applicants who pass the telephone screening will be invited to take an online aptitude test.
- Interview Process: In-person group and individual interviews take place in South Africa in February; and in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Cote d’Ivoire in May each year.
- Offers: Offers are sent out by the end of May each year.
- Beginning of training: Training starts in August each year.
The MEST Africa Entrepreneurial Training Program 2019 curriculum is as follows:
- 1st Quarter: Programming skills & core business content
- 2nd Quarter: Software development life cycle
- 3rd Quarter: Idea to prototype business plan & pitch completion
- 4th Quarter: Pre-incubation & final investor pitch
February 8, 2019
How To Apply
The MEST Africa Entrepreneurial Training Program 2019 application is as follows:
- Click on this link to be taken to the application portal.
- Then, you are expected to create your personal account using your information.
- After creating the account, you can now log in and complete your application.
That is all. If there is any questions, comments and contributions, they are welcomed.